Author Topic: Boater lost at sea was long time family friend  (Read 3460 times)

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Boater lost at sea was long time family friend
« on: March 18, 2007, 02:38:02 AM »
The last few days have been very trying for me after hearing of a family friend who did not return from an off shore fishing trip. My son grew up with him and his brother and in a way he was one of my own. I think it really worked me over because my son surfs giant Hawaiian waves and I can't tell you how hard it is to block the fear and mental images of the dangers of it out of my head.

When I realized we had severe thunder storms move through the night he didn't return that was scary and then the next day when his boat was found in gear but out of gas and him no where in site - my heart just sunk. Oddly it was a call from Hawaii that alerted me to what had just happened a few miles away.

Last night I never slept - nor today just fighting those thoughts. Every time my dog had to go out it was so extremely cold out - wind chill factor in the thirties - I just couldn't stop thinking about what if he were still out there and of course - what if he weren't.

His brother - who might as well have been his twin as they were so close must be devastated as must be the rest of his family. I am just writing here because I know we have some boaters and fellow pirates who might be interested.

Of course they suspect he did not have his life jacket on - but he had caught two wahoo and a dolphin that they had found on the boat. I just have to think he left us doing what he loved most. No one will ever know why he went over board - the storm might have had something to do with it or it could have just been he got caught off balance by something he caught.

It is very sad and if you feel like thinking of him and all who have been lost at sea over time - I know I would appreciate it as would he and his family.

God Bless him and his family and friends - we need prayers right now. 

All day I kept remembering this to give me peace so I will pass it on in his memory:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.

I don't know who said it but its a nice thought.

Heres the google links to the story. http://www.google.com/search?rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&q=missing+boater+st+augustine&sa=N&tab=nw

Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Boater lost at sea was long time family friend
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 07:08:35 PM »
My heart goes out to you and to his family.
We all have such a short time here. Sounds like he made his journey positive, was loved and will be missed.. Can't think of anything nicer for anyone!
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 08:35:05 PM »
Thanks Sam, You are right - what more could we ask for and the way years zoom by no matter how many we have it is a short visit.

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 10:46:21 PM »
Dear SafariWoman: My heart goes out to you and your family as well as the family of your lost friend. I have seen your name often on the CSb forum and now here at Sam's site. I can honestly say I know what you're going through. You and your' :'(s are in my prayers. I too have lost my best friend, my very breath, my daughter in April of 2006 in a boating accident. You may visit my page. Just wanted you to know we are thinking of you. Jean

http://www.amtelecom.net/~ubetfarm/katie.htm

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 11:34:54 AM »
Oh NO! I am so extremely sorry to hear that as well! Katie was very beautiful and my heart really goes out to you and your family and friends also. Thank you so much for the prayers and I will say some for your family too. I can only hope these tragic incidences will help us to remember what a gift life is and to treasure each moment that we have. At Steve's service we were reminded to celebrate his life and to count our blessings for having the chance to know him and that made me feel a little better. I wish things like this never happened, it sure challenges the heart. May God Bless You & give you peace. Thanks for writing and sharing Katie's story.