Author Topic: Strange twist.  (Read 2662 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Strange twist.
« on: January 24, 2014, 10:06:26 PM »
Though I type every day, I am not a fast typist.
I am great at Excel.

Within the last 24 hours I passed a touch typing test with very decent results (yay) . :hapscream: Then I failed a specialty Excel test :ss-shocked:  Very shocking.  Could not remember a basic formula!
My world is upside down.  Lol
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
Re: Strange twist.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 06:12:28 AM »
I also am a two finger typist, even though I've being doing this for long, LONG time... :-[

About Excel, did you made a test? which test?   ???

P.S.
Sami, please see your private message box.
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 12:33:16 AM »
I took the excel test in an office the other day. They made it to test certain knowledge. I went into it expecting to do great.  Came out feeling quite beaten up. I have taken very difficult Excel tests when trying for jobs and other reasons but this test was special, on a specific topic. And sadly, I just didn't do well at all.  :surrender: :verysad:  :-[  Hopefully it won't be held against me.  :luck:

Yes I read the message, thanks. I walked her through FTP and CSB and everything is fully resolved.
Had to do it while I have internet strong enough to do it. :)
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 06:44:47 PM »
About 10 years ago, someone asked me how good I was with pivot tables in Excel. Having learn't Excel (self taught), and also knowing old Lotus 123 and Quatro, I though I knew everything about spreadsheets. Was I wrong. Pivot tables are pretty powerful tools and there is so much in them software! Failing a specific test does not mean you don't know Excel well enough to do some very useful things, so don't feel bad about it. Just learn from the experience.
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 10:58:10 AM »
I love pivot tables! Use formulas and functions daily. I even use some of the formulas that I couldn't remember that day.  :hapscream:
Even subscribe to a youtube channel that shows some great info about it.    :TUP:

It was disappointing to have an off day. The test was geared specifically to that job with formulas for that job.  I didn't get it.  So I moved on.   :yes:
-Samantha