Author Topic: Hiding sidebar like windows hides taskbar...  (Read 4972 times)

Offline hidden

• ???
Hiding sidebar like windows hides taskbar...
« on: May 14, 2010, 07:39:28 AM »
I have a side bar of links on the left side of my site and an Iframe window on the right... How can I make the sidebar hide, after clicking on a link,  leaving the space for the full page iframe window until mouse rollover on the sidebar area when it would reappear? like windows taskbar has a hide option...  I have another div header on the top which will always remain....In other words  I want the 250-350 px sidebar containing href links to hide so that the iframe window can use the full horizontal space, then reappear on mouse rollover. I have very little experience with scripting but can follow along... I am on an apache server with cpanel interface.

On this forum what does options mean.. you must have two options , etc.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Hiding sidebar like windows hides taskbar...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 08:46:55 AM »
 :welsign:
Welcome to the forum!

The type of links you want to accomplish need a slide-in menu script.
There are many such scripts at Hotscripts.com or even Dynamic Drive.  Take a look at this search result page at DD:
http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/index.html for several choices.
If you use this type of menu on a valuable page of your website, make sure you still provide your visitors (and the search engines) with plain text links along the very bottom of the page.  If your visitor has javascript turned off, they will not have access to that sliding menu.

On this forum what does options mean.. you must have two options , etc.
:D  You pressed NEW POLL button instead of the NEW TOPIC button so a poll was started. In order to post a poll, there must be at least two choices (options) for people to choose from.  If you had chosen NEW TOPIC button, you would not have had to define options.  :D  I will split this thread to get the poll taken off for you.  I have to apply a patch to the forum so I can delete the poll.  Will get to that tonight.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:55:08 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• ???
Re: Hiding sidebar like windows hides taskbar...
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 02:45:43 AM »
thanks that was very helpful...

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Hiding sidebar like windows hides taskbar...
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 09:56:18 AM »
glad to help.   :D
Would love to see what you end up with.  Please come back and share your result.

(patched forum and removed the poll  :TUP:)
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )