Author Topic: My new website, built with WebEasy pro  (Read 24411 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
My new website, built with WebEasy pro
« on: April 27, 2007, 06:16:08 PM »
I thought I would offer my experience from using webeasy pro.
I found it easy to use and it has some good features, like you can change the back ground of the page colour and adjust it dark/light top to bottom, side to side, page transitions several designs, create animations across/around the page, and lots more all at a click or to of the mouse.
Here is a simple site I built for a friend http://www.valecoaches.com
I am going to use this for a while
Good luck 

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
Re: My new website, built with WebEasy pro
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 06:16:49 AM »
It looks like a good software program judging from the description. Some questions: Does it manage the publishing of only changed items like CSB? Does it have have a web form? I notices you have your email address on the 'contact us' page instead of a web form on your site. Cool page transition! There is no trial so I am not sure of it's capabilities. Thanks for posting.
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 02:38:37 PM »
Hi
Go to http://www.v-com.com/product/Web_Easy_Pro_Home.html they have a free trial button (blue) on the right hand side of the page.

The publishing it only sends the changed items as far as I know, when you publish you get an end report, which shows changed or unchanged file items. However I found its as easy to use a free FTP program like coreftp, they also include a free ftp program within Webeasy.

There is a google forum (not as good as the one we are use to on here)
http://groups.google.com/group/WebEasy-users-forum

You can build a website within minutes and then fine tune it with the extras.... give it a go.

They also have forms, that will be sent to your own email address

I think its a worthy contender

it will be good to here your views

Regards
Graham

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 02:03:08 PM »
Thanks. I did see the trial button but it does not link to a trial download and simply opens another page with Quickpicks at the top of the page and an alphabetical list of their products further down. I will have another look. It looks easy and quick yet comprehensive enough for a small site.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 02:11:47 PM by Etienne »
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 04:24:40 PM »
CSB allows you to have MANY hosts and even publish locally so buying the program ONCE allows you the ability to publish unlimited number of sites for yourself, friends, clients, etc.

I found this note on Vcom WebEasy website:
Multi-site Licenses - Various $ -  Ask about our great site licensing prices!

Ok... someone look in the HELP ABOUT/LICENSE in the HELP section of this program.
And/Or check out the publishing area. 
Can you set up more than one host/site in this software, or is it designed for one at a time?
The Multi-site license note on the site is incomplete so I can't tell. 
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Tolkien Queen
  • Expert Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 09:26:12 AM »
I checked everywhere I could get to without emailing the company, including the google forum, and didn't see a specific statement about multiple hosts, but since you can order the software in a box (as an alternative to downloading it) I'd think that once it's on your computer you should be able to publish sites anywhere. It does seem that you can publish multiple *sites*, because a number of people on the discussion board do - but I didn't see anyone specifically mention publishing to multiple *hosts*.

I think that "multiple sites" license should be renamed, as from what I can see it means licensing the software for multiple computers, not multiple websites. It's also a bit confusing that the company also offers webhosting, and in some of the copy it almost looks as if the site-building program and the hosting go together, but they don't.

It's not flexible enough that I'd want to use it for my entire Tolkien site, but I could see using it for certain subdirectories of that site as well as my graphics/greeting card site - seems to have better options for business-type sites than for really personalized ones. It's being offered for $29 at the moment ($20 discount). If it's still at that price when I get home from work I'll give it a try - I don't dare start downloading a program *before* I go to work, because it probably wouldn't be finished by the time I had to leave.

ETA: I also don't know about publishing locally, but since you have access to the HTML that wouldn't seem to be a problem. You can upload with an FTP program rather than doing it through the program if you want, which would indicate it's already "published" (as far as being in "web format") as soon as you make the file.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 09:31:53 AM by tgshaw »

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 01:51:23 PM »
I found it for $37.46 but not for the price you mentioned.  Please post that link if you find it again.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Tolkien Queen
  • Expert Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 09:30:26 PM »
I'd just followed the link Graham had originally posted to the company site - but you're right, now it's showing it at only $10 off (which makes it exactly the same price as the "non-Pro" version. So either the price has gone up since this morning (I'm still at work, BTW), or I looked at it wrong.

I also notice it's much more expensive to buy the "physical" version from the company's website.

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 03:56:12 PM »
When I purchased mine, I changed the code from 20, to 40 and it accepted the discount it offered it, I often try to do this, if the company don't put in a "tight" discount code, I take what I can get.........and thank them  :)

You can preview and you also hold a copy locally on your computer..........I say its worth a try and I belive with practise it could be a very worthy contender...IMO

Graham

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 07:00:49 PM »
I got mine today here: h**p://www.webeasyprofessional.com/?gclid=CIGst_KWgowCFRtxYAodTR1exQ
Manually type in coupon code YOUPICK3 when you order and the price for the professional version, download is only $32.47 making the program worth buying to play with, whether or not I later decide to use it full time.   :yes:

Comes with 2 other software (Motion Artist 2-flash, and Web CEO-site optimizer) and 85,000 pieces of clipart which I may not even install at this point...
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 03:09:56 PM »
Cheap as chips at that price.....

Well done Samatha, we need a good web easy forum leader like yourself.....
Have fun with the software.

Graham

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 08:07:31 PM »
HEY FOLKS!

I bought my Web Easy 6 in MAY.  They just released version 7. 
I sent them an email and asked for the upgrade and was provided my new serial number and download at no charge! 

Check it out Graham.  They may do the same for you.
Will be testing this one beginning this weekend I expect.
Already like the customer service!  :clapping:
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 04:46:35 AM »
Hi folks, just to let you know that a few months a go I rebuilt the website using CSB, as I found that I had better control of building it and could design it better - I think.

Maybe its just that I am more use to the CSB software - that we all liked so much, anyway I am sticking with CSB it doe's all I want it to do and its easy to use.

Best regards

Graham

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 10:18:50 AM »
HEY FOLKS!

I bought my Web Easy 6 in MAY.  They just released version 7. 
I sent them an email and asked for the upgrade and was provided my new serial number and download at no charge! 

Check it out Graham.  They may do the same for you.
Will be testing this one beginning this weekend I expect.
Already like the customer service!  :clapping:

Sammy what are you thinking about it now?
]
WELCOME BACK GRAHAM! :-)
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 11:18:23 AM »
Sadly, I am still a CSB fan.  I can produce something in CSB twice as fast as anything else I have worked with, take up less space and since I know it's quirks and best features, I can move around in it faster and have predictable results.

Though I have bought a couple pieces of software and even gone through the training for a couple, NONE of them has provided the zing that I first found when I used Trellix.  It was written for people that use word processing software that also wanted to make a website so fit with the way my brain is wired. 

Some do tickle my fancy with new functions, new abilities that would be lovely. But my problem with the available software is on a more basic level.  I am looking for some basic functionality that CSB does, EASILY, and has spoiled me.  Several items I took for granted that ANY software SHOULD be able to do certain things and have been disappointed to find those features unavailable.

I like several of the software for different reasons, but each has a downside for me.
- I need the capability to have framed pages that are search engine friendly.  CSB is so far the only one like that. (Source code content of the main page includes the framed pages).
- Ability to do work on several subdirectories on several sites. Easily.  FTP settings need to be maintained for each level, each site. Don't want to have to put them in over and over again or use external software to handle the uploading of the changed pages. I have been surprised to find this is actually an issue with some of the software!  :ss-shocked  (CSB/Trellix made this so easy I had no idea that other programs would have a hard time with it).
- Ability to change the size of the template/structure of the webpage.  Again this is a surprising road block. Most of the newer software begins with templates that are designed for a specific resolution.   CSB has templates, but you can design for any size window you want just by setting your own display while working on the file. Simple.
- Good code.  If I am to move away from CSB, entice me with good standard code that reads well on several browsers.  This is still an issue for most of the software...not compliant.
- Spell check.  AMAZED this is not always included!
- Preformatted styles.  I like to have the same styles repeat (bold/italic on headings, change color for...etc) and not all the software will allow you to select a preset style for text.  CSB made it easy to assign styles (like in word or wordperfect), indent, etc.
- Tables.  Ah... I know, tables should not be used the way we use them in CSB.  But having said that, I can get consistent results with CSB tables.  Other than background images, our CSB 5 table settings are great and hard to match for simplicity of use.
- and more.

I will be spending more time actively testing and giving details in the next month or so.  I want to go into the new year with some good comments on the forum.  Would REALLY like to hear other people's reactions for each software they try.  Maybe they will see things I do not, etc. and it would benefit other CSB users to know more than one opinion....

« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 11:24:48 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha