Author Topic: Technical Question  (Read 2871 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
    • www.ResolveChurchConflict.com
Technical Question
« on: April 10, 2008, 04:41:13 PM »
Samantha,

In doing an analysis of my website, the following message came up:

Permanent Redirect Not Found
Search engines may think resolvechurchconflict.com and www.resolvechurchconflict.com are two different sites.
You should set up a permanent redirect (technically called a "301 redirect") between these sites. Once you do that, you will get full search engine credit for your work on these sites. For example, resolvechurchconflict.com seems to have 209 inbound links whereas www.resolvechurchconflict.com has 172 inbound links. By correctly configuring a permanent 301 redirect, the search rankings might improve as all inbound links are correctly counted for the website.

Would you be able to tell me how to do this in CSB?

Thank you so much for your time and expertise!!!

Ken Newberger

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Technical Question
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 05:24:01 PM »
CSB only builds web pages and uploads them to your website.

Permanent redirects are SERVER related and must be handled on the server level.
Not knowing what server you are on (windows/linux) what type of control panel and your settings, I would recommend you contact your host and ask them to set this for you.  They may point you to a function in your control panel or a tutorial for your website host.

the www redirect is often set by the host on your behalf.

Note...On Linux servers, many hosts allow the use of a .htaccess file.
You can find a really nice tutorial about .htaccess files here.   It's the most readable and useable instruction I have ever found on the topic.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
    • www.ResolveChurchConflict.com
Re: Technical Question
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 08:49:49 AM »
Thank you!!!

Have a GREAT DAY! :boogie: