Author Topic: Videos  (Read 2579 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
    • "Practice drills for your Team"
Videos
« on: April 01, 2009, 10:10:34 AM »
Samrc, I got permission to use some videos on my site for my monthly newsletter and I was wondering if you could recommend something I could do to make this work on my site.

Please take a look at this web page to see the video: http://www.xlathlete.com/view_exercise.jsp?sport=sport&exercise_name=bench%20press

How do I make this work on my site?  In the past, you showed me how to make videos run on my site, but they would start once the page was open.  However, I would like to place three videos on my newsletter and I do not want them running all at one time.  Is there a way to place them on my site without making them all run at one time and how do I do this.

Thanks very much for your help.
Head coach

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Videos
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 12:23:48 PM »
OMG  I just found your post today.

This is my third try to answer you... I keep getting reset and losing what I type!
I wrote 2 long long messages.  This time brief and post.

Use an IFRAME.  It is a window cut into your newsletter, allowing content from other pages to be seen.

Iframe code:  Put this into your newsletter page.
Code: [Select]
<iframe name="NLVideo" src="nl_vid0.htm" width="350" height="280" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" ></iframe>
Build plain web pages with no menus, borders, etc.  (But DO put a tiny link to your home page at the very bottom)
nl_vid0.htm     this page has "click links to see videos"
nl_vid1.htm     this page has the first video embedded
nl_vid2.htm     this page has the second video embedded
nl_vid3.htm     this page has the third video embedded

Then make your links. When someone clicks the link, the target iframe changes content.  Target defines WHERE the link opens, in iframe, new window, same window...

Code: [Select]
<A href="page1.htm" target="NLVideo" title="Describe the first video">Link 1</A>
<A href="page2.htm" target="NLVideo" title="Describe the second video!">Link 2</A>
<A href="page3.htm" target="NLVideo" title="And yet a third video you want to see">Link 3</A>
<A href="page4.htm" target="NLVideo" title="And of course the 4th  video">Link 4</A>
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )