Author Topic: Website Designing  (Read 4839 times)

Offline hidden

• ???
Website Designing
« on: October 24, 2009, 06:52:20 AM »
Website designers can work as freelancers, designing and maintaining websites for a variety of clients. Differences between Building, Designing and Marketing web presences Understanding the differences between designing a website, building a website, and making a website visible online will help ensure that you choose a website developer that can meet all your goals and demands.

Designing an awesome content rich website is not enough. It's easy to get caught up in the day to day mechanics of designing and maintaining a website and poor organization just makes the job harder. Not only are you selling your product or service, you're marketing it, doing the accounting, paying the bills, answering the phones, designing and updating your website and preparing and sending out mail.

Use website templates if you don't have any designing flair. Designing for color-blind browsers although designing a website for the colorblind will not limit your color palette, you'll need to be wary of the color combinations that you use. Make sure you are well aware of these tactics before designing or optimizing your website.

When designing your menu and website navigation, do make it simple and intuitive. Graphic Tools for designing your own website online is also available.
Establishing a website consists of three steps:
- securing a domain name,
- designing the website, and
- finding a web hosting service.

I wouldn't name the website here, but I know well about them because I was trying to compete with them for two most competitive keywords "intellixmedia.com Web Design Company" and "web designing company" If you doubt that these keywords are so competitive, I would like you to have a look at this great tool which would tell you how competitive a keyword and a phrase is, it's fun to play with. Design depends on individual taste and designing a website from a first draft that the client will like from the start, can be a real challenge.

(edited: removed the link, kept content- samrc)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 12:16:54 PM by Samrc »

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Re: Website Designing
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 04:34:36 PM »
Nice article - I don't understand this exactly:

"Designing for color-blind browsers although designing a website for the colorblind will not limit your color palette, you'll need to be wary of the color combinations that you use. Make sure you are well aware of these tactics before designing or optimizing your website. "
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 08:50:08 AM »
Color blindness SHOULD be considered when building a website.  Take a look at my very old page that has a sample and a link on it. 

(This was actually a spam post till I removed the link but thought it had merit on its own so I adjusted the post so it was bulleted to read easily.)
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 10:20:10 AM »
i am now learning web designing, and it is cool and fun learning some code and photoshop as well.

Offline hidden

• ???
  • I am new here.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 11:05:19 PM »
Hi,
Website Design follows some basic principles on which it is built up every flourishing website, certain immutable elements it should contain. Overall, the process of web design including design, post-production, research, advertising and media control, which applies to the website of a designer or design team for a particular purpose.