Author Topic: webpage ID work around maybe?  (Read 2932 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
  • Taxi driver supreme
    • Huddersfield Minibus. GRS-AEROBUS
webpage ID work around maybe?
« on: November 03, 2011, 07:26:07 AM »
 :hapscream: Hi, having read on cutesite builder v4 that pages have a unique ID I'm wondering if there is a work around for this.
My site was published ok and I must have deleted one of the pages and created another one to replace it. Google  placed the original page  in a prominent position with the ID name id27.htm  The new page has id21.htm  When you click on the original on google it shows up a 404 error, so no page, its gone. I'd like to put the NEW page back into googles prominent position but don't know how to. I've searched the pc for any details of the original page but nothing appears. Searched the www and other search engines and also yahoo publishing but all seems lost. It would be nice to get the new page in a good spot before google deletes it all together. Best regards, Graeme.
Graeme.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: webpage ID work around maybe?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:13:50 PM »
Manually change the name of the page in CSB using the page properties box.

In CSB4, you have a field called SHORT TITLE.
If this field is left blank, you get the ID number assigned by CSB automatically.
If you type something in it like pageproperties you end up with a page called pageproperties.htm
See what I mean on this page re page properties in CSB 3 & 4

SIMPLE SOLUTION:
SO if you want a page to be called the same name as the OLD page just name the NEW one the same!
Put id27 into the page properties field called SHORT TITLE and it will publish as id27.htm
Same name, same rankings!   :boogie: :kickdancing: :boogie:

You could also put in a "permanent redirect" to get Google/Yahoo and others to find a NEW page but the other is faster and easier.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
  • Taxi driver supreme
    • Huddersfield Minibus. GRS-AEROBUS
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 06:22:29 AM »
 :kickdancing: :wave: :thankyousign:Brilliant, thanks for your help. All ok now. The unique id statement is ok but can be confusing in my case. Well done once again, Sami. Graeme.
Graeme.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 06:24:49 PM »
Glad to help!! :flowers:
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )