Author Topic: J Query  (Read 3248 times)

Offline hidden

• Restricted
J Query
« on: March 05, 2010, 03:18:14 PM »
Is anyone familar with this? Can it be used with CSB4?  I tried to download jquery but I have Vista 32 bit and am having problems :(   Does anyone know of a similar program to use with CSb?

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: J Query
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 09:53:55 PM »
Well yes I know of it. It is a form of coding used to make AJAX Web Applications.

Putting code into the web page in CSB? No. BUT....
You prepare code. Place it in a separate file. Then with a couple lines of code you place into the HEAD of your CSB 5 web page and info where you need it, you call that option into your web page.  If you are using CSB 4, you can't put the call into the HEAD of the page but it may work from the top of the page (like many codes we insert.  Have not tried it that way since I have CSB 5).

Code: [Select]
<script src="js/jquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="js/jtip2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I bought a tutorial DVD (h**p://15daysofjquery.com/) a while back and only played a bit with it when I first got it.  Just didn't have time to really get into it...will eventually take a day to really try it out properly. The tutorial DVD has video, step by step and I got it $10 off when it first came out. The author has also created a lovely secure form script that I have used on a few sites.

Take a look at the VIEW SOURCE of this page (one of the samples on the cd I mentioned) h**p://15daysofjquery.com/examples/jqueryTooltips/demo2.php
It's the tutorial for day 14.  Visit it here:  h**p://15daysofjquery.com  
(On some browsers you may get a certificate warning when you enter, allow blocked content. site ok to enter)

It is CODING and most CSB users either avoid codign or use it only sparingly since CSB generates all your HTML code for you. Why are you interested in jquery?  What do you want to do? 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 10:00:20 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )