SPECIAL TOPICS > Ecommerce (shopping carts, ads, online payments, etc)

Cube Cart

(1/1)

SafariWoman:
Hi yas, I just downloaded the free version of Cube Cart 3.15 and after a frustrating experience of getting my host to admit GD wasn't working -I finally got it up and running. I am adding lots of new products to my store and this should automate a lot of things for me. Now I am looking at their version 4 that has additional functionalities that would be beneficial but its expensive and can't be downloaded from Fantastico - has to be FTPed :(

But 3 seems fairly simple to understand and overall it looks very cool and it integrates with both PayPal and CCNow - since I am thinking I will stay with CCNow for tangibles and go with PayPal for Downloads. 4 is all that and more basically. I may go ahead and try the 30 day free trial of 4 but it looks like a daunting task.

So, I am just wondering if anyone in here has any experience with the program.  :)

( I am actually steadily working on my site rebuild via Spinner - although it is a monumental task with all of the changes and sub folders ) Finally!

SafariWoman:
An update - I am making cube cart work for me. It is tedious but I am getting through it. After researching many other carts the free version will do most of what I need. I have added some free mods and been able to edit most parts of the style sheets to create a look that mimics what I am doing on spinner for other parts of the site. It is the first time I have used the new built in HTML editor in my file manager and so far so good. It integrated easily with CCNow and a free mod gave me the missing shipping option I need. They all look complicated if you ask me, but I think once I am done, adding many new products from now and until a future time should be far easier and less time consuming. Plus it will eliminate the need for continual page building in spinner to accommodate the shopping aspect of my site.

Weeeeeeeee       :boogie:

.... for now...  LOL

SafariWoman:
I am super happy that I am almost done with tweaks. I really don't know much about what I am doing but faking my way through very nicely.  LOL

Here is what the template I started with looked like... cubecart.com/images/screenshots/Classic.gif

Here is what mine looks like.. inspirationmotivation.com/shop/index.php

I haven't added any products yet and it isn't a functional store -- what you see overall is just testing things... The look nearly perfectly matches elements on the rest of my new site design. It seems kind of an odd combination without understanding the rest of the site maybe but the main thing is I DID IT!  :kickdancing:

Theres more that I changed that meets the eye... and basically I am almost ready to set up shop.. now back to the rest of my site building ..   :)

Samrc:
Vivid...bright...MOD!  Nice!   :clapping:

I would suggest you change the rollover color of the links on the green area.  The orange on green is difficult to read.

Just be sure to keep notes on all your modifications.  As programs like that update, they provide updates to the templates too so some of those changes will need to be done again at some point.

SafariWoman:
TYVM :) I might tone down the gold as what it is sort of matching goes from dark to a gradient white -- and here I could only choose one color without figuring out how to change the language to pull up an image link. I had a hard enough time as it was - lol I think I will have to wait until its integrated to get a real feel for the scheme.

Yes I agree about the roll overs and have been searching endlessly for how and where to change them .. the roll over I thought was it didn't work when I changed it. I have searched all relevant files looking for that color code and nothing related to hover works so far.

The forum has a lot of information but, from what I can tell if you don't buy the license to remove the copyright at least, your questions seem to go mostly unanswered unless you beg or get lucky. There is more documentation at a third party forum where some participants seem to be a bit friendlier but they are trying to sell you mods for the most part. You have spoiled me on web master forums Sam! I will keep looking for that one and there is a few other things I still want to change here and there before it opens.

Of course today right after I finished I logged back in to find an announcement of an upgrade! GRRR  :banghead: but I didn't find anything major changed so I am not going for it. At that time I will copy the files I changed before I upgrade. I probably might remember all the sheets I changed ??? Lil good grief! There were many many changes.

Thanks for taking a look.  :hearts:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version