Website Building Software > Software not specifically listed

Netscape Composor

(1/3) > >>

SafariWoman:
Being Netscape has sold to AOL and all support ends in March I decided to download it so that I can easily work on an older and simple web site originally built in composer. Its a gem for that because it will open pages from on line and allow you to work and make changes based on the upload rather than having to store the page files. That is good because I do not have the page files. It was really hard to hunt down where to get it and I thought I would pass this on here. It is only available in the 7.X versions of Netscape. (They are up to 9 now and that is what is found at the AOL Netscape download site.) Here is an address for finding old versions if any body wants to have Composer. I actually have in the past used it fairly frequently for simple sites and especially for quick simple updates. It does a bang up job for free. :-)

browser.netscape.com/downloads/archive/

SafariWoman:
OOpps didn't get back in time to add this address for a super thorough explanation of how to use composer. It is where I found the download page from.

csulb.edu/~jvancamp/composer.html

Samrc:
Confused....  ???
Why are you taking 7.xx version INSTEAD of the 9.xx version????

SafariWoman:
As mentioned in first post.. Composer is only available in versions 7x It is not in 9. I use 9 still to check web sites.. I downloaded 7 just to have the Composer web building tools.  :)

Samrc:
Ah...did not understand...NETSCAPE and COMPOSER bundled.... AH :v8slap:
I thought the link you provided was for COMPOSER ONLY...!   
Used Netscape back in 1999 and not since so was not familar with either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version