Author Topic: CoffeeCup Visual Site Designer - Reviews of the program  (Read 19901 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
CoffeeCup Visual Site Designer - Reviews of the program
« on: March 21, 2008, 08:45:01 AM »
[NOT RECOMMENDING THESE SITES...ONLY OFFERING AS REFERENCE]

SOFTWARE BY COFFEECUP

NOTE:  Coffeecup has licensed Visual Site Designer to other companies so it can be private labeled. So far only Paraden's Web Page Wizard is an identified clone. The program is exactly the same, different name.  Note that upgrades may be handled differently if you buy one of the private label versions.  CC sells with free upgrades, but is more $ upfront.

User reviews on Download.com   3.5 out of 5
h**p://www.download.com/CoffeeCup-VisualSite-Designer/3000-2048_4-10238943.html

Here's user review on Snapfiles   = 4 stars (very good)
h**p://www.snapfiles.com/get/ccvisualdesigner.html

Tucows gives it 5 out of 5 cows.
h**p://www.tucows.com/preview/335496

Top 10 Reviews    2.5 out of 5 stars
h**p://website-creation-software-review.toptenreviews.com/web-page-wizard-review.html

CoffeeCup VisualSite Designer is a WYSIWYG Website Creator and Editor that lets you create complete web pages without having to know anything about HTML. You can simply drag and drop images or text on the page until you like what you see, and then upload the page(s) to your server. It includes more than 70 (nice) templates to get you started, so that you can simply pick a design that you like and fill in the blanks or add your own pictures. VisualSite Designer supports multiple linked pages, text-fields, graphics, animations, MouseOver buttons and more. Advanced users can also insert their custom HTML code into any section of the page. VisualSite Designer takes advantage of CSS style sheets and absolute placement of objects, allowing you much greater flexibility than traditional HTML editors. Once you have designed your site, you can use the built-in FTP tool to upload it to your web server.   Free Trial, $49.00 to buy
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 09:18:56 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Re: CoffeeCup Visual Site Designer - Reviews of the program
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 09:38:43 AM »
Thanks for posting this Sammy. I tested this one and didn't like it because I found so many others that did so much more for around the same price. But a lot of people find it very easy if ease is the most important issue it might not be a bad choice. Did you try it?
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 12:53:10 PM »
A bit. Will try to get a detailed note from me before ...... :-\   ...... mid...end of April...
Thought the popularity of Coffeecup products should at least give it a listing for reviews.

Generally speaking, most of their software is NOVICE level. Very beginner stuff.  For some of our CSB users, that might have appeal.  Those that want more from a site builder may need to look at one of the other programs.

Any detailed perspective by others would be greatly appreciated on ANY/ALL of the products we list.  I moved your comments on it out of the Coffeecup HTML editor into its own thread under this program for better reference. 

If there are programs you folks would like to see listed that I do not have, please let me know!
Recently I considered another program too because reviews were so good, price was good too.  But it will get no mention by ME until they offer a TRIAL PERIOD.  You must pay for it to download it.  NOPE!   SO SORRY. That company is short sighted!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 01:16:35 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 11:00:41 PM »
I remember seeing a couple like that when I was looking. There is absolutely no way I would buy a web building software without the ability to try it first. Unlike some types of software, Web Builders are just too diverse in nature and functionality to even consider it. I agree with you Sam that is extremely short sighted of any company. During my test periods, I found that no matter what you read about working with a program or it's capacities, you just cant know if it has the right feel and feature combo until you give it a try. I recall that Site Spinner did not at first glance seem to be the software I would prefer and only after trials of so many programs did it stand out to me as my perfect fit. Oh darn Sam, I still can't believe that I tested and wrote notes on almost a dozen programs just to lose the file. It remains one of my few computing booboo regrets of all times! lol
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 10:10:35 AM »
Agreed, 'try before you buy' is very important in this market.

Does Coffeecup Visual Site Designer fit tables/pages to the screen width (% column)? I didn't find this option anywhere.
:dogwalksm: Ed