Author Topic: Cute gobal 5 publishing snag  (Read 4879 times)

Offline hidden

• ???
Cute gobal 5 publishing snag
« on: July 24, 2007, 01:48:34 PM »
First off like the new layout and colours. Great work Sami

In the old forum I said I was getting a snag uploading to a subdomain
Error getting local site information
duplicate filename '.htm' found in export

You said to check all files names this I di without any luck
Then removed all files names in page properties
Same snag remains
Then removed all anchors and redid the pages they were on
Same snag still
Have started to go through all the Titles but fail to see that they would have anything to do with the snag.
This section of the main web site is over 7 miljoen bytes in size
If I preview the site all works fine
Could this be a problem of where I have stored the web site prehaps? Find that hard to accept as it is in the same folder that all other web sites are stored in.
Any ideas will be most welcome. My head is sore now :banghead:
Go well and do have a great day
Tony

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Cute gobal 5 publishing snag
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 03:28:27 PM »
Glad you like the forum.  Welcome aboard!

Titles are not the issue.  It is a page name issue...HMMM....
If you want me to look at your tlx design file, I will and let you know if I see something.
But you will need to wait until I finish the Harry Potter 7 book.  All my "free?" time is taken with that right now. :-[

Let me know if you want me to look and I will send you an address where to sent your file.
If more than 10mb, tell me and I will give you an alternate way to get me the file.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• ???
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 01:05:23 PM »
Thanks for the offer, but found an answer, or a work around.

I copied the complete sub domain into another sub domain that I could load from.
Then saved as and deleted stuff not needed and loaded the site without any trouble.
Now  ??? as to how and why?
Strange, have never had this happen to me in 8 Years with first Trellix then cute.

Hope you are enjoying the read.
Thanks for the support and go well
Tony

Offline hidden

• Tolkien Queen
  • Expert Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 02:08:44 PM »
How and why? Chaos theory, methinks. A butterfly flaps its wings in Ecuador and publishing doesn't work. :P Could also have been a file corruption or something else that had crept in unnoticed.

I've been using Trellix/CSB for about 7 years and have had to deal with two file corruptions. They're kind of like a house getting a leak in the roof - You hope it never happens, but at some point...

We use a program at the office that has thousands of citation references in a database and puts together bibliographies from them. There was one citation where one author's middle initial would absolutely not stay capitalized. No matter what you did, the next time you opened that file the middle initial had gone back to lower case. It wasn't until we got to version 10 of the program that whatever weird little glitch was causing the mistake was finally fixed, and the initial now stays capitalized. Absolutely no idea what caused it.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 02:56:25 PM »
Finished the book so if you did need me to look at it, that is possible now.

Are you backing up your files as you go forward?  If so, you could have just backed up to a previous tlx design file and kept going.

Use FILE SAVE AS every time you open your file.  Save the file with a name that includes the date for easiest reference and the files stay in date order too!   
-- Example: open main010103  FILE SAVE AS main010203.  The next save as: main010303.
-- Subdirectory examples:  vacation070103, photos070103 etc.
-- To keep the order correct, use a 6 (010103) or 8 (01012003) digit number - don't use 1-1-03

Simple. Fast. Easy.  The publishing information remains the same and is undisturbed. The previous day's file still exists so you can come back to it if necessary and this process creates an  unlimited number of backup copies you can delete or archive the old ones as you see fit, or have a record of how your site has progressed.

By the way:
File save as new name with no changes produces an exact replica, same size
File save as new name before page deletions will still be the same size.
File save as new name AFTER page deletions, etc will remove them from the memory of the file and reduce the file size compacting and cleaning the file!

Trudy:  You didn't cross your eyes as you entered that letter!  That technique I works on our cranky program that does wacky stuff like that! LOL
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )