Author Topic: frustrated...other forums  (Read 3355 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
frustrated...other forums
« on: February 19, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I joined two forums this week to post questions.
The first notified me that my post was on hold pending approval of admin. (sound familiar?) It has been 5+ days and still my post does not appear.  :watchyawn:
The second notified me that my post is on hold pending approval of admin and that forum won't even allow me to access my own profile to make adjustments.
 :banghead: :banghead:

I know that both of them are protecting against spammers.
And against the pseudo SEO people that wander the web looking for forums to post backlinks to sites to build rankings for other sites.
This is the most popular reason for registering/posting on most forums these days.
And it is SO aggravating that legit posts are held hostage.
So I wait...wait to see if my posts EVER get approved!  :watchyawn:  :banghead:  :watchyawn: :banghead:  :watchyawn:
Then wait to see if there is an answer...!   :watchyawn: :watchyawn: :watchyawn:

Did I tell you folks I was approached by 3 different people to post on forums to build rankings as a part-time position a couple years ago?
Though time consuming, it is very easy, but I could not bring myself to do it since I fight against it everyday!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 12:14:18 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
Re: frustrated...other forums
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 02:33:04 PM »
The whole issue of spam etc on the internet is totally out of control, forcing us to continually increase security. Where will it end?
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 03:45:38 PM »
end??   rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 07:21:37 PM »
 :clapping: :clapping: :boogie:   approval on one forum and posts now appear

approval on other forum but post was not allowed.  ???  just disappeared.
 ah welll.....no record of it at all.  and admin says he did not zap it... 
 ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 04:43:17 AM »
fighting against spammers, hackers and virus/trojan makers, etc. is, and will always be, a never end battle.
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER