Author Topic: help make iframe freeze  (Read 4694 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
help make iframe freeze
« on: April 17, 2011, 09:48:45 PM »
Please help me....

I know the web inside the iframe will run as we browse the web directly, of course, the Web has links to other pages, the example web page has links to a, b and c, I want to put that website into my web with iframe, but I just want to access that web pages only pages a and b, I dont need c page, can I do with iframe?

thx

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: help make iframe freeze
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 11:21:44 PM »
No.

You have no control over that content.
You are simply cutting a rectangluar hole in your website page so the content page can be seen.
Basically a window. Anything active on that page is active.
If there are links in the page, they are all active. 

The only way to have only 2 out of 3 links live INSIDE the iframe is to make a NEW copy of that page, with only 2 links!
Then link to the NEW copy of the page for your iframe instead of the original page you are using now.

Note that if the links on the content page can break OUT of your iframe or stay inside the iframe.
On the iframe sample page http://www.samisite.com/test-csb2nf/id43.htm  I demonstrate how links will react depending on the settings for the links.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
Re: help make iframe freeze
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 06:50:41 AM »
thank's for your answer, i'll try