Author Topic: CuteSite4 - Right borders of tables will not align  (Read 4265 times)

Offline hidden

• ???
CuteSite4 - Right borders of tables will not align
« on: April 20, 2008, 02:37:21 AM »
Hello,
I am trying to align several tables, so that the right border of each table lines up with the table above it. Some tables are only one column, while others have 7 or 8 columns. I followed the instructions on your table page, and made sure that each column or series of columns were the same number of pixels in width. I divided up the pixels in the multi-column tables so they added up to the same number as the single column tables, but they are still not lining up. Am I making a math error here, in not accounting for width of borders, or cell padding, or whatever? I am sure this probably has a simple solution, but I am not seeing it. Help!    :unsure:

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Re: CuteSite4 - Right borders of tables will not align
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 04:05:23 AM »
When you add up everything including the borders and padding is it the same? That is the figure you have to total to the same numbers as each other.

Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 06:02:17 AM »
I would also like to know if they add up equally. Make sure that there isn't one of the tables where the minimum row height or column width that is different in the other tables. In CSB4, on the menu: Table>Size and Alignment. An easy way is sometimes to copy the correct table and then paste it below so that they are duplicates and then fill in the cells. The content formatting can also affect the appearance, e.g. the cell padding and the paragraph formatting under Format>Paragraph on the menu.
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 11:08:36 AM »
If you give us an address we may be able to SEE something you don't.

- Turn on all borders inside and outside of the table.  Do you have an extra column?  Get rid of it.
I followed the instructions on your table page, and made sure that each column or series of columns were the same number of pixels in width.
The example you referred to showed the same number of columns in two tables that did not line up.
I divided up the pixels in the multi-column tables so they added up to the same number as the single column tables
You are comparing single with multi!  These tables are not created equally.  Same cell spacing, padding, etc?   If you have tables with different number of columns, you will need to adjust your padding.  Remember that the cell spacing and padding add MORE PIXELS to the width of a table.  If you have more columns in a second table, you will have MORE padding pixels! 

Other thoughts that may be an issue:
- If you have a picture in the table that is larger than the table cell, the table will stretch to accomodate the larger image. Take a look at this:  http://www.samisite.com/test-csb/id36.htm
- The insert HTML image in CSB is HUGE.  If you use it in a table and there is not enough height or width, that placeholder image will cause the cell to stretch too.  To avoid this problem, when you insert a new Insert HTML , use the BROWSE button to change the placeholder image to something smaller.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )