Author Topic: Purchasing Domain Names- Any one have a favorite site to buy from?  (Read 2885 times)

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
I need to purchase several new names. It seems like when digging through the offers most of them basically all end up to be around the same prices anyway without hosting services purchased at the same time.

But I was wondering if there is a place you like to do business with over some others or if there are sites you would recommend to avoid.

I have to purchase these names within the next day or two if anyone can reply soon that would be great. If not, I will have a few more to purchase within the month so I would still appreciate the input.

Thanks!  :)
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Purchasing Domain Names- Any one have a favorite site to buy from?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 06:03:57 PM »
basically all end up to be around the same prices anyway without hosting services purchased at the same time
Yup.

Go with reputable, not small mom& pop seller.  They tend to HOLD the domain captive.

Do you know where you will MAINTAIN the domain?
Do you have a favorite control panel for maintenance of domain names?
If so, buy your names there as it will be easier to keep track of several names in one control panel. (if owner is same).

Have used Totalchoicehosting, Tucows, GoDaddy, NetworkSolutions.  Good experience with all.
Network Solutions has the HIGHEST cost.
Like the control panel (manager) at TotalChoicehosting
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 06:09:54 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Re: Purchasing Domain Names- Any one have a favorite site to buy from?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 05:42:53 AM »
Thanks Sammy, I couldn't remember your favorite one.. total choice right? I try not to give godaddy any more of my money. I just can't stand them.. lol But if I need a cheap site I might again.

I think after looking around all day, I will just go with my current host. They let me park ten domains on my site so that shuold do me for now. I won't start these sites real soon I just want to secure the names. :)

Good advice.

Maybe I will check two cows before I do it tomorrow just to have the option in my head.

Thanks again!
Success is a way of life found moment by moment