General Category > Forum Feedback

Stop forum spam website!

(1/2) > >>

Samrc:
http://www.stopforumspam.com/

For anyone with a forum.  Great place to find out if someone registering is a known baddie.

Added MOD to this forum that automatically checks the people that register against known spammers.
Denies the registration if on the bad-guy list.

One of the accounts I banned has tried 15296 times to post pharmacy related spam in the past 2 weeks!
What a waste of resources!

Tony:
Good find Sami  ;)

Samrc:
When I searched their list, I found several of the baddies that I already recognize.
I spent a couple hours yesterday dealing with spam.  Had to do something. 
Hoping the mod will help.

Samrc:
WOW... This connection continues to work well.    :clapping: :TUP: :clapping:

I have had more than 3100 new registrants in just 10 days.  All spammers.  And blocked by this lovely add-on connection.  If you know anyone else running SMF forum, they should consider connecting their forum too.

Tony:
Sami, do you think that commercial Spam works? I mean, are there people that really still trust what they read in a spam message or click the link proposed to know more about? When I find or read a spam, all my internal alarms sound like crazy!!
So, what is the real intention of a spam? to sale? virus? Do they get any profit doing that?
The last thing I would do to my customers would be boring them with publicity or spam messages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version