Author Topic: Can you keep tables from scrolling?  (Read 3680 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
Can you keep tables from scrolling?
« on: February 12, 2008, 03:03:52 AM »
What I mean by this- I do not want one large table that I built to move. There are blank areas under the table that seems to be stubborn and I cannot get rid of it, so the scroll bar moves....For future reference is there a way to keep tables stationery?

Arky

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Can you keep tables from scrolling?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 10:15:55 AM »
There are blank areas under the table that seems to be stubborn and I cannot get rid of it
Afraid I really don't know what you mean.  :unsure:
Can we see what you mean?  Can you give us a page to look at?

And CSB does not allow layering of content ("under the table") sounds like you have layering...

Tables do not move. 

Backgrounds have two settings.  One of these two settings may fix your issue.
Right click your page, Properties > Page Area > Background Tab   Check or uncheck the box that says "Scroll Image with Text"
- Box checked: can scroll WITH the full page, all content stays with the background and scrolls up as a single unit 
- Box unchecked: background can scroll BEHIND the content, making it appear that the content floats above the background

:idea: Another idea: Are you are meaning that you have a large blank SPACE at the bottom of your webpage making it too long, and causing a scroll bar to appear?   In some versions of CSB, especially CSB 4, there are lots of extra non-breakable spaces added to the end of the page.  No good reason for it.  It was a known issue. Described here.  Sorry.  There were no known workarounds or fixes for that issue.  The problem was fixed in CSB 5, which is no longer available.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 10:30:04 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 04:29:58 AM »
Sami, you were absolutely right.  I needed to check off the scrolling box.  Again, thanks so much and I do have the CSB5. 

Arky  :yes:

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 08:16:17 AM »
 :kickdancing:  excellent!  :kickdancing:
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )