Author Topic: HOLD TIGHT-NEW Internet Explorer  (Read 2835 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
HOLD TIGHT-NEW Internet Explorer
« on: March 06, 2008, 01:49:04 PM »
Version 8 of Internet Explorer is in beta testing.

"Internet Explorer 8 will adhere to the same standards as competitors' programs"
"Microsoft said the new version of the browser, when complete, will support industry-standard versions of the code that tells browsers what Web pages should look like, including CSS 2.1, by default.

"That's a big deal," said Chris Swenson, a software industry analyst for the NPD Group.

While most Web surfers might not feel a huge impact, Swenson said it will bring "a sigh of relief" for developers, who will spend a lot less time tweaking Web pages to work with different browsers."

OK.... This could be great news or really BAD news.  How will this new browser read the CSB/Trellix sites?  Will we be broken or survive for another couple years???  I don't have a way to load the beta.  Anyone else brave enough to give it a try?

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
Re: HOLD TIGHT-NEW Internet Explorer
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 04:34:08 PM »
I can't but check this site out, there are even demo's:

h**p://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/ie8/default.mspx
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Re: HOLD TIGHT-NEW Internet Explorer
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 10:35:50 PM »
hmmm well 7 after recent updates has developed lots of new and annoying habits I hope it isn't a sign of things to come.. lets hope it doesn't affect the cute sites !
Success is a way of life found moment by moment