Author Topic: Problems with Vista?  (Read 3152 times)

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Problems with Vista?
« on: August 29, 2008, 07:46:11 PM »
So far I don't have any - My computer was shipped with the home pro version - but I am going to upgrade to ultimate which I think should cover me on all the things I want to run on it much better. I just wanted to post here because I am trying to figure out now what all the complaints I have heard of between here, other forums and my friends - are really all about.

I am going to have to buy a few new licenses for the software I want to run - the most important ones say they work with Vista.

I guess the way to ask this is - What have you heard as far as complaints about Vista and which versions did it relate too> I will definitely keep you posted. I have only had the computer for a little over a week so I haven't started a lot of software yet.
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Problems with Vista?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 07:35:32 AM »
1) CSB 3 doesn't seem to load properly, CSB 4 and 5 work.
2) Must be logged in as administrator during installation.
3) Help file on doesn't work on Vista.  There is a fix for it. See main CSB on Vista thread.
4) Button generator in CSB 5 may or may not work in Vista.  One complaint on this.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Re: Problems with Vista?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 11:01:50 PM »
Thanks Sammy - I am not sure I will transfer my license from the other lap top to this one yet - as sadly I might not need to but I was wondering where this was previously talked about so if I do I will know where to come look
Success is a way of life found moment by moment