Author Topic: Can't import my existing pages  (Read 4063 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
Can't import my existing pages
« on: January 16, 2009, 09:30:05 PM »
Well, I'm trying the Site Spinner 15 day trial. I'm having a terrible time importing my pages into it. The help site says just drag and drop or cut and paste.... This amounts to me building the whole thing from scratch, basically pasting everything one at a time. The links are lost, the text formatting is lost... Has anyone found an easier way?

I'm looking for a replacement for Adobe GoLive, I'm not sure I've found it yet. :(

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
Re: Can't import my existing pages
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 01:05:14 AM »
I bought Site Spinner recently, however I have not used it yet, just played a little with it. I very much doubt you can import whole pages into it.

I think you will need to select a template from within SS, then copy and paste text and images etc from your existing website to recreate each page. However I expect you will need to create the links and set the text formatting. So you would have a new site with essentially the same content.

I doubt any program would allow you to fully import web pages, retaining all the formatting and links. You may have a chance with an HTML editor, or perhaps Dreamweaver, but I expect you would still need to do some formatting, primarily because of CSS.

Depending on the size of your site, you could recreate your site quite quickly with Site Spinner, since you already have the layout you want, the text and image content. But for sure it will be a cut and paste job, of text passages and images etc independently.

Rick
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!