Author Topic: Problem with CSB4 and Vista  (Read 4576 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
  • Do it right the first time.
    • detail-2009
Problem with CSB4 and Vista
« on: February 15, 2009, 10:32:03 PM »
I use csb4 on my new Vista computer. I'm trying to put a photo gallery onto my web site.
In edit page layout I click on insert html and insert the code, then I modify the code by putting ^GEMDIR/ in front of each of my images
file name. Then I'm suppose to insert the files into the web components section . Thing is there's no button eg. files for the component.
But when I get out of page layout editor and click on insert html the button is there . So I tried it that way pasted and eddited my code ,added the web components and inserted the placemat into position on my page no problem. Clicked on edit page layout and bam it vanished.So I tried
to unlock static text , thought that might work. Problem is page layout woun't let me. It remains grayed out no matter what.
Does anyone have any suggestions? ???

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Problem with CSB4 and Vista
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 11:10:03 AM »
Page Layout is not designed to have web components.  This is not an error or fault. It is done purposely.
Page Layout is the area of CSB that allows you to define your page colors, link colors, font size and type, background colors, borders, etc that are GLOBAL in nature.  In other words, changing the PAGE LAYOUT should** also change several pages at one time.  (** unless you have UNLOCKED static text areas on individual web pages).  The Page Layout function allows you to insert common information to all pages within a limited function.

What code are you trying to insert?
Did you make a gallery page outside of CSB? 
And now want to have it show up in your CSB web page?

You could use a CONTAINER PAGE for this instead.  Take a look at this tutorial for some information on how to use the container page for this function.  Refers to Trellix, but it is the same as CSB for this... You would store your images as captured resource.

OR you can upload your webpage and images directly to your website using FTP (changing NO CODE) and just use a URL style link in your CSB page to open your special gallery page.

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
    • detail-2009
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 01:50:53 PM »
Thanks for your prompt reply. That tutoral on container pages is great i'll be trying that out real soon now that I'm
making a new website. I got my script from a free js web site about 5 years ago. Can't remenber which one. I didn't make a gallery page
or anything like that just modified the code for the pics. It's working fine now since I unlocked static text and added the web components.
This gallery is temporary till I can figure out how to get A Flash slide show on my site. I posted this one before but still haven't figured it out.
You referred me to[ Insert Flash into CSB] . Wondering If you had time to play around with it and explain how I could put this slideshow on my web site.You can find it here h**p://www.flash-slideshow-maker.com This is one of the best ones I've been able to find.

(removed link to the program-samrc)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 04:43:14 PM by Samrc »

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 04:48:31 PM »
You can use that software, flash, xara, swish, coffeecup, and a ton of others.
All of them create a swf file, an html file and maybe other files too.

To put ANY of those flash creations into your website takes minutes!
All follow the SAME instructions for insertion, written out step by step!
Just try it.  If you get stuck, let us know!
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
    • detail-2009
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 09:34:41 PM »
Sami
your the best. I'll give it a shot.
Thanks

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 11:15:08 AM »
I KNOW you can do it!  :clapping:

We'll help guide you from here....
-Samantha