Author Topic: Upload comments  (Read 3384 times)

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
Upload comments
« on: October 11, 2010, 10:17:34 PM »
One of my clients wants a page on her site where her clients can upload comments about her services. I was thinking of a Wordpress blog integrated into her website (which I built with XWD6 - if u are interested it is here: h**p//www.shanghaiprivateguide.com) but would appreciate any other ideas or experience.

Rick
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Upload comments
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 11:02:54 PM »
Blog would work. I am not versed in WordPress (though it is something I SHOULD learn!)

Blogger.com has free accounts.  Have used them and tweaked the HTML to match a CSB site so I know you could do the same thing.
You could show your blogger page through an iframe if you did not want to install anything at your server.

I would make sure she has the ability to approve them so if a spammer comes to her site she can delete BEFORE it goes live.
Looked at the built-in "Widgets" and did not see one for that purpose.

Course I use the ZONKBOARD on my home page instead of the blog type account for the same kind of feedback. ($10/year) and I do not have to maintain it.  Simple Iframe.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:15:00 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
Re: Upload comments
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 12:53:29 AM »
Thanks Sami. Wordpress has the advantage that it is a Fantastico item, so easy to install. However I think I prefer to have it within an iframe, particularly if I can avoid installing at the server, as she may move to another server later. I will do a bit more research. Thanks for your ideas.
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!