Author Topic: Text won't display in edit boxes  (Read 12153 times)

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
Text won't display in edit boxes
« on: September 06, 2011, 12:39:38 PM »
I am usiing Trellix through Earthlink.  I had some problems with my computer and had to restore several times.  I use Firefox for everything except Trellix because the text didn't display in the edit boxes.

After my last system restore, now the text won't display in IE.  I used my husband's computer and it works fine.  I contacted Earthlink, but when the tech found that it worked fine on his computer (under Firefox), he was done working with me.

There must be a setting somewhere that needs to be changed, but I am at a total loss.

Any ideas from anyone?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Linda

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
Re: Text won't display in edit boxes
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 04:46:40 PM »
If you have needed to do a restore several times, then it seems you have been experiencing a number of problems, including the one you detailed.

I know it is not a very convenient solution, but I think after experiencing the problems you have, the best idea would be to reinstall the operating system. This should eliminate all your problems (unless you have a hardware issue).

If you decide to go ahead to reinstall the operating system, make sure you first backup all your important data, and ensure you have the installation files for your programs, which you will need to reinstall after reinstalling the operation system.

Doing this will give you a totally "clean", uncluttered system, with the added bonus that it should run faster.

Rick
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Text won't display in edit boxes
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 08:30:36 PM »
What is the name of your website?  How about a link please.
And a description of what you see.  Ex on home page there is a box on left that should say... but it is empty or box is missing, etc.
Let us try to see what is happening on the site to be sure nothing THERE is broken and the source is on your machine.

What version of Internet Explorer are you using? Click Help/About to see.  I was on version 9 and rolled back to 8 because 9 had all kinds of issues!  Missing info, lockups, you name it.

I am afraid that Rick is correct a full reinstall taking you back to factory condition and applying updates again/reinstalling applications is your BEST option. For me, it is always a last unwanted option because of all the software I use, settings I define. It becomes a nightmare.  But it DOES make your system run like a dream. 
Go into every software you have installed and go to HELP/ABOUT and write down any serial numbers, etc you find in there...some programs put registration info in there. Other programs you will need to have the emails you got when you registered them.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )