Author Topic: Getting around AND searching the forum  (Read 12058 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Getting around AND searching the forum
« on: December 18, 2008, 12:30:12 PM »
To view the new posts, you have a few options
- Use the option at the TOP of the forum: show unread posts. This shows MANY threads

- On individual boards you can click a couple things.

- Click the tiny NEW image beside threads (topics) with activity.  When you click this image, it takes you where you left off, not necessarily the last post in the thread.  NEW button takes you to the last message you read so you can read forward! 

To always get to the LAST post you can choose a couple of things:
- On an individual board where threads (topics) are listed. click this icon, all the way to the right of the name on the board. 

- At the top of the thread and at the bottom of the thread, you can also check the page number before posting.  The page you are on is highlighted (this picture shows 101 out of 102).  If there is a page to the right of the page you are on, then you are not at the last post!

SEARCHING.
- search button on the bar below the header bar near the HOME button: opens another special search window and gives access to all threads on all the boards!!!

- white search box at the top of the thread (topic) page: searches only THAT Board (ex: all Fun and Games board but not the rest of the forum).

- little magnifying glass next to the white search button next to the white search box at the top of a thread (topic) gives the same results as using the purple SEARCH BUTTON, can access all or some of the boards, your choice.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 01:07:17 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Re: Getting around AND searching the forum
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 12:47:48 PM »
I have my settings to show the last thread at the top. I haven't seen the new button but will look for it.  :thankyousign:
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 01:08:04 PM »
tweaked notes above, added screen shots too.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 06:57:51 PM »
ok this is funny .. I was looking all over the place above your post... then I realized because I have my settings to put the most recent post on top of the page not the bottom that on my page they would be below... lol

ok I see it now.. must have just hit it by accident
Success is a way of life found moment by moment