Author Topic: namo anyone try this yet?  (Read 4242 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
namo anyone try this yet?
« on: August 16, 2007, 03:52:51 PM »
I have namo but I have not worked with it at all. CSB is so freaking easy to use I can't force myslef to try anything else, but I know will need to soon. I got it for "free" after sending for 2 or 3 rebates and all that, but they did send them. It is much more complcated then CSB and you need to dig around to find things. Like it took me a long time to find the "dynamic navigation links" what would be squences in CSB

link if your interested

http://www.namo.com/products/webeditor_professional.php

Thoughts, opinions?
Thank You,
Pat Jr.
ubuntu - ===  fedora -  F8 ===  OpenOffice 2.3  === KDE 4.0 is ===  GNOME === take Puppy for a spin puppylinux.org it's free! ===

Offline hidden

• Tolkien Queen
  • Expert Member
Re: namo anyone try this yet?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 11:45:07 PM »
I downloaded the free trial back when deciding whether to go to CSB from the free trellix program or to try something else. If I hadn't already been so familiar with how trellix/CSB worked, Namo probably would have been my choice. But that was a long time ago, and I'm sure it's a whole different program now.

I was trying to find a description of their "site tree" but didn't see one - Does that do anything like CSB's site map, as far as automatic nav linking, etc.? Your mention of something akin to sequences sounds promising along those lines.

Noticed the offer for $40 off on Xara Xtreme if you buy the web editor now.

I'm going to be waiting awhile before I download any more time-limited free trials. Just no time to experiment with them right now. (One program we're testing at work lets you open it a certain number of times on the free trial, instead of going by number of days. Kind of nice if things get busier than you expect.)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 11:43:26 AM »
yes, I think it does have the tree thing but as you say it works much different then CSB

They have a forum, guess I need to dig around there my self for a while.

Yea know, this posting dialog looks like it has more options then I can handel  :v8slap:

Best of Luck,
Pat Jr.
ubuntu - ===  fedora -  F8 ===  OpenOffice 2.3  === KDE 4.0 is ===  GNOME === take Puppy for a spin puppylinux.org it's free! ===

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »
I'm going to be waiting awhile before I download any more time-limited free trials. Just no time to experiment with them right now.

Mee too! :yes:
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )