Author Topic: Pan and Zoom action script  (Read 6379 times)

Offline hidden

Pan and Zoom action script
« on: January 11, 2009, 02:15:00 AM »
Hello,
I'm trying to make a pan and zoom action in Flash and can't seem to find it anywhere even though it's a very common feature. Here is a link to what I mean.

http://h**p://www.getty.edu/destination/rembrandtinsocal/slideshow/slideshow.html

I guess you would call it an interactive slideshow.
I would like for the user to be able to use the controls to pan and zoom a large image within the window by clicking and draging or using buttoms below the screen.
If someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Bob

(toook out the link)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 09:36:46 AM by Samrc »

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Pan and Zoom action script
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 09:32:45 AM »
There is a FREE zoom tool at this page:  h**p://www.zoomify.com/    for personal or commercial without payment.  Looks like what you would like to do!!!  I might give it a try too.

I have used the Panorama Factory to stitch images together and add HOT SPOTS to zoom in and out of images.
h**p://www.panoramafactory.com/index.html  30 day free trial.
Perfect for realestate agents showing properties.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 12:59:40 PM »
Thank you for the information! I'll give it a try and report back. I'm trying to find out how to do it in Flash but I can't seem to find out how. Thanks again.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 02:32:59 PM »
Depending on WHICH flash program you use, there are templates you can use to help sometimes.

The freebie I sent you to look at creates a FLASH file for you using a standard set of templates (you just add in the images necessary).
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )