Author Topic: Linking - Conceptual help building a web site  (Read 3246 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
Linking - Conceptual help building a web site
« on: February 27, 2009, 01:29:04 PM »
Hi Sam and others!

First off, I use Cutesite 5.02 and know nothing about html, but have maintained a few sites either for myself, family or non-profit organizations using Cutesite.

I started a site a few years ago for my brother's part time nursery (ornamental trees) business. (http://www.danddnursery.net/ -check out plant list) Initially, we just got the site up with plant names that he grows based on latin plant names.

We now want to add pictures of the plants, so visitors can see what the leaves and flowers will look like. I just received my first batch of pictures and not sure how I want to link to them. One thought I had that I thought might be cool is to have the pictures display when you hover the curser over the plant name. I've seen this type of function on other sites, but have no idea if Cutesite can do that. Of course, I know how to link to a page with the picture, but that sounds really boring. I provided the link so anybody can take a look at what's created so far. I have no problems redoing the entire site, but my problem is I don't know enough about how to do things in order to know what I can do with my limited skill set.

Another idea I had was to use tables and have all the pictures associated with each type of plant on the screen at the same time. Two things I don't like about that idea is the time to download all the picture files of each type of plant at one time and the amount of scrolling involved to see all plant names. For example, in the Acer line of plants, he currently has about 75 varieties. I don't yet have pictures for all of them, but over the year we hope to have pictures for everything. The last thing I want to add to each is the common name, so for each plant, I'll have the latin name (that is all that is on the site now), the common name and a photo.

I would appreciate any help with ideas of what can be done to make this site look professional done even though I'm far from a professional at web site authoring.

Thanks!

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
Re: Linking - Conceptual help building a web site
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 02:42:16 PM »
Sam,
I just notice that this post and my previous thread should probably be in in General Product Questions. If you can move them, feel free to do so.
Mark
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 02:51:05 PM by MarkBot »