Author Topic: yahoo decommisioning ftp soon.  (Read 4211 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
  • Taxi driver supreme
    • Huddersfield Minibus. GRS-AEROBUS
yahoo decommisioning ftp soon.
« on: July 29, 2012, 01:33:55 PM »
Hi All, Yahoo have sent me an email regarding their decommisioning of ftp in September. I use them for my website hosting [small business] and they are going to an ftps system. They say that if you use a third party buidling programme other than theirs, you will have to change your settings to enable any upload in future. I just send from the csb4 programme used to create  and update my sites. Is there anything I will have to change in these settings to continue to upload? I don't think I use ftp to update, just csb4. Regards, Graeme
Graeme.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: yahoo decommisioning ftp soon.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 12:24:51 AM »
CSB is FTP only. NO secure FTP in it.
You will have to PREVIEW the site to your computer (put into a folder inside My Docs) then upload the changed files to Yahoo space using an FTP program that uses a secure setting.  You can put the files in MODIFIED DATE order in FTP program and quickly choose to upload only the changed files.  I did this for over a year at one host with no problems.  Adds an extra step but is not difficult.

COREFTP is a decent free FTP program that can connect securely.

Read this thread about FTP Basics.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )