Author Topic: Install file  (Read 3582 times)

Offline hidden

• Restricted
Install file
« on: March 26, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »
I am attempting to find the file that I used to install Cutesite back in 2005-6.

Can someone tell me the name of this installation file that I should search for.

Thank you

Jeri

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Install file
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 01:55:50 PM »
Scroll to the bottom of this page.
Download only the version that you have a serial number for, none other.  
(Example: If you were using CSB 4 and never upgraded, download only 4!)
Do not try to put a newer version of the program into your system if you do not have a serial number.
After 30 days it will stop working and you will not be able to unlock it.

:welsign:
Welcome to the forum.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 02:03:57 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 02:28:06 PM »
Giving consideration to transferring site maintenance etc. over to someone else.  They would need to install Cutesite on their own computer.

Found the original CSB5 exe file.

Will the serial no I have work if I transfer to a new cmpt of my own or to someone else to take over the work.

There are a few other files during this searching around that are confusing.   What is Unwise32.exe?

There is also a CuteSiteBUilder.tlex file in My Documents.  Properties says it is Windows Shell Common Dll.  Strange thing is that the created, modified and accessed date on the file is 04/08/2010.  Have been using Cutesite for quite a few years before 2010.

Jeri

Offline hidden

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 02:29:27 PM »
The install log for Cutesite says it was installed  05/26/2008

Jeri

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 05:39:11 PM »
Moving to a new computer requires several things:

The installation file.  You downloaded that.

The TLX file (files).  This is the WEBSITE design file, compressed into a proprietary format that only CSB can open.
You may have more than one on your computer. You should search for *.tlx to find the files.
Each directory/subdirectory would have it's own tlx file.
It would have a date on it that was last modified.  If you updated your website this week, that file would have a date from this week.
Update the website today, and that file would have today's date.
Make backup copies of this file now and then. It is VITAL. If it becomes corrupted, you can not use CSB to edit your site.

The Host Settings.  These settings will need to be put into the new computer either manually or by transferring a bit of the registry...entries for CSB.
Serial number.  To unlock the program. a CSB5 serial number will only unlock a CSB5 program... Note that there are limits how many times this code can be used!

Read about the process here.

The legal side of CSB:The license you have for this program allows YOU, the registered owner of the license to install the program on two computers that YOU use.  Example a desktop and a laptop.  If one of the machines quits, you can transfer the program to another computer, still limiting the use to two computers under your control.  You can write to GlobalScape to TRANSFER your license to another person, then you would no longer be able to use the software on any machine. The other person would be able to register it. You can not buy another license that would allow both of you to use the software. Discontinued.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )