Author Topic: Not a game but fun, interesting and CONTROVERSIAL!  (Read 5157 times)

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Not a game but fun, interesting and CONTROVERSIAL!
« on: October 22, 2007, 02:52:13 PM »
news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22556281-661,00.html

Some see it only going one way.
Some see it flipping both ways.
When you get a group together to look at it all at the same time, most all see it differently and changing directions at different times.

At first I could only see it spinning one way and then looking away and back it flipped. Now I can make it change directions at will. One of my friends reported she and all of her co workers saw it going the same way and then flip at the exact same instant and that the image itself changes and they all refuse to believe anything other than the image changes directions. Some can't make it change no matter how hard they try and most report when others are around they get in big arguments over which way it is going and when it changes directions.  LOL

What puzzles me the most is how it is that even the leg and arm that are out seem to switch sides.

I thought it might be interesting to see if other web masters are like me and see it both ways since we use the right side for the creative artistic elements of a site and the left side for the technical aspects.

Have fun. Remember its all in your mind!
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Not a game but fun, interesting and CONTROVERSIAL!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 03:10:47 PM »
I have had other test results point to 50% logical, 50% creative.  Retook a couple tests because the results were so surprising to one of the test givers (never seen my results before). 

At first I could ONLY see her spinning clockwise, right brained for about 2 minutes.  Reported here that result.
Went back and this time I saw her flip when I stared at her foot.  She began to turn counterclockwise! 

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?  I grabbed the gif and pulled it into an animation program...same image that I captured earlier yet she is spinning in the opposite direction!   ??? 

Love this illusion.  Thanks Wanda.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 03:16:20 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 12:04:16 AM »
You are very welcome! Glad you enjoyed it and I appreciate your comments. I also score about even on right left and usually slightly favor one or the other but not by much so I think in the end that makes me about fifty fifty. This has opened a real study of right/left brain to me and optical illusion related subjects. I think it will make me a better communicator and I am even trying an experiment to take a look at the picture - make it go in the direction of which ever brain I need in a project and then tackle it. I don't know if its possible to stay in that mode but I just find the whole thing so interesting that I am enjoying the exploration. I read of and knew about right/left brain before but until this very puzzling gif it never meant that much to me. I see you've opened an optical illusion topic!  :clapping: I will also post one of my favorite optical sites for you in a new subject. There are many that I have found as it is often a quick way to take a break for me to check them out.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 02:27:11 PM »
7 people around my desk.
Most saw her counterclockwise for most of the time, switching back and forth for brief periods.
One only clockwise.
One only counter-clockwise.

The one that could ONLY see clockwise argued with us that it is not POSSIBLE to see both ways.  The foot and hands would be backwards!  We told him is was wrong but he will not accept our word for it!!!  :banghead: :banghead:
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 04:02:43 PM »
lol Sam, I have a friend like that even though I have sent her all sorts of replies to what was seen by groups she and her 5 banker co workers all saw it go the same direction and flip at the exact same instant ( due to their eye for studying detail according to her lol ) and none of them will admit or even consider that it could be anything but that the picture itself flips and its a trick

rofl

oh ps guess which was they all saw it going first hehe