Author Topic: email  (Read 4281 times)

Offline hidden

• eugenepictureframing
email
« on: March 30, 2007, 11:09:36 AM »
It seems my email link in my websites work sometimes and sometimes they do not. I had my son email me through my website's email link and he reports that the "email client is not properly installed." When I go to my website and and use my link ... I receive the mail. Has anyone else experienced email problems similiar to this problem? And do anyone know the solution?

Offline hidden

• eugenepictureframing
email again
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 11:13:37 AM »
Can anyone go to one of my websites and go to my email link in the contact page and write "hello" to see if my email works for you? My websites are www.eugenepictureframing.comwww.fishin-musician.com ,  and  www.tomwatersriverguide.com  Thanks, I can give you a discount on a fishing trip if your ever out in Oregon or a discount on picture framing!

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Re: email again
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 03:03:44 PM »
Did it so far they haven't shot back undeliverable.
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
    • The Slagles
Re: email again
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 04:57:29 PM »
Did it so far they haven't shot back undeliverable.

I sent one too. 

Jim

Offline hidden

• eugenepictureframing
email
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 06:19:05 PM »
Thanks for sending me emails through some of my websites ... I guess my email works for everybody besides my son...I wonder why...

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Re: email
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 09:20:28 PM »
Maybe it is indicating HIS email client is not properly installed on his computer.. does other email that he sends out work? If so can he go to other sites and click their email and send a message? ( not that he should test this too much lol) If you are not sure he is welcome to send one to my site under the subject test email and i will reply it back if i get it. If he can not click messages on web sites in general and connect to mail links then that would be strange - perhaps a browser problem.. esp since you mentioned copy and paste it into your mail program on your site it makes me think that it might be working for him that way but not by clicking.

Otherwise it is a slight chance his server just coincidentally was down when he tried - but I bet he has tried more than once yeah?

Well let us know if you figure it out but it looks like your sites are functional to the general public.

Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
Re: email
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 06:28:37 AM »
I noticed that you have listed your email address twice on some of your sites contact pages. Firstly with a mailto link and secondly without it for people to copy and paste it into the email TO: address field.

I have seen some people click unlinked email addresses, such as your second email address, and wonder why nothing happens. Also, placing email addresses on web pages makes it easy for spambots to obtain your address. An alternative is to use the contact us form.

By the way, I am also a fly-fisherman but catch and keep because my family eats what I catch. Like your photos too.

The closest Fly fishing smiley I could find:  :whip:
:dogwalksm: Ed