Author Topic: CUTE html Pro or maybe just html query!  (Read 4226 times)

Offline hidden

• Restricted
CUTE html Pro or maybe just html query!
« on: July 31, 2007, 08:41:28 AM »
Hi Guys,

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

I am going out of my tiny mind on this practical problem. I have been trying for a week but Still can’t resolve the issue. I’ve done just about everything thinkable. Can anyone help?

Please visit the very unfinished: www.walking-languedoc.com

Then try clicking through the headings. One of them doesn’t work/open the page. Why not? Bookings and Costs is linked to the Home Page but not the others!

Any help and advice gratefully received. I’ll have no hair left shortly! You’ll probably put your finger on it immediately!

Yours  :banghead:   ???

Best wishes,

Scott

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
Re: CUTE html Pro or maybe just html query!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 01:14:44 PM »
I tried copying and pasting your code for your links from your home page and then all the other pages. It has something to do with the way your page is titled. On your homepage source it has Booking and costs but in the source on the other pages it has just bookings. Probably Sam can tell you axactly how to fix but it appears it is in your page properties. the link is not pointing to Bookings and costs. JR

Offline hidden

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 02:13:07 PM »
Dear JR, :clapping: :clapping: :boogie: :boogie: :kickdancing: :kickdancing:

Thanks to you I can sleep again! You're a genius. I now know just how sensitive this software is. Many thanks for your perspicacity.

Well done!

Best wishes,

Scott

Offline hidden

• Tolkien Queen
  • Expert Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 08:33:19 AM »
Very glad that problem's solved! :) :) 'Course, if it's showing in your source code, it's not necessarily the software that's sensitive - it's just good ol' HTML, where a misplaced / or missing > can change everything.

As I said in the Globalscape forum, if you're still looking for an editor that can toggle back and forth between code and WYSIWYG views, you might try Coffeecup's HTML editor (not their Visible Site Designer, which is very limited and doesn't let you work with the code). There's more about it in the discussion of other software farther down in the forum. There's a 30-day free trial (that comes with messages such as "If you don't buy our software, we'll starve" and "Bet you want to get rid of this ugly yellow box" LOL ). When I have the time and a reason to learn a new program, this will probably be the one.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 08:39:40 AM »
I will be checking that one too. With time....
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 08:42:17 AM »
Hi TG

RE Coffeecup...I downloaded it and everything I wanted to do seemed restricted in some way. Moreover, once you save it in WYSIWYG, you cannot then change the HTML! :v8slap: What's that all about? ??? Rather defeats the object I think. Anyway, I'm sticking with the real HTML, however frustrating it is for a novice - i'll  :idea: :idea:get there!

Good luck to you!

S.

Offline hidden

• Tolkien Queen
  • Expert Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 12:06:08 PM »
Yeah, you have to use "preview" to see the page while still in code editing view. I'm still sorting out which restrictions are part of the "trial" version and which may be permanent. Working with the code itself shouldn't have any restrictions, though.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 01:26:25 PM »
RE Coffeecup...I downloaded it and everything I wanted to do seemed restricted in some way. Moreover, once you save it in WYSIWYG, you cannot then change the HTML!
GACK!  :ss-shocked:  That's awful. Hope that is not correct.  I will download and play with it too. 

In general, my experience with Coffeecup products has been fine, but I find the items that I looked at were a lesser-quality than other brands.  They tend to be excellent in basics.  Like having INTRODUCTION TO... products, perfect for personal sites and don't get into the higher level functions that other programs do. (Examples: Menu builder vs Xara's or The fabulous All Web Menus, Flash vs SWISH or other flash generators, etc.)
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )