Author Topic: Iframes  (Read 4026 times)

Offline hidden

• ???
Iframes
« on: April 07, 2009, 04:27:02 PM »
Hello.  Can someone please help?  I am creating a website using an Iframe but I cannot seem to add more pages than the original page set.  I have more than one page I want displayed in the frame; depending of course on what link is chosen on the navigation links.  My code looks like:

<iframe name="Inline1" width="662" height="424" marginwidth="15" marginheight="17" border="0" frameborder="0" src="Welcome.htm">
Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.</iframe></p>

But I do not know what else to put to accomodate my additional pages.  Please Please advise.  Thanks.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Iframes
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 06:42:28 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

You have named your iframe  name="Inline1" so all your links will point to that iframe.
The code below is for four separate links that change the content of your iframe.
Build your pages, then link to them using this type of linking.
When someone clicks the link, the target iframe changes content. 
Target defines WHERE the link opens, in iframe, new window, same window...

Code: [Select]
<A href="page1.htm" target="Inline1" title="Describe the first page">Link 1</A>
<A href="page2.htm" target="Inline1" title="Describe the second!">Link 2</A>
<A href="page3.htm" target="Inline1" title="And yet a third page you want to see">Link 3</A>
<A href="page4.htm" target="Inline1" title="And of course the 4th page">Link 4</A>
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )