Author Topic: CuteFTP / CuteCSB  (Read 3275 times)

Offline hidden

CuteFTP / CuteCSB
« on: May 19, 2010, 07:51:06 AM »
Long story and then the problem.  Got a new lap top and want to download my version or CSB3 so I went to globalscape lost serial number section and had them email me my serial number.  When I downloaded CSB 3 and pulled it up and typed in my serial number it came back with an error message that the serial number was not found.  When I read a little closer the serial number says CuteFTP *************** not Cute Site Builder 3.  I do not believe that I ever purchased FTP how do I find out if I have FTP and what version.  And can I get the serial number for my CSB3 off my desktop where it is running fine.  Your help is appreciated.
Thanks and God Bless America
Jim

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: CuteFTP / CuteCSB
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:00:26 PM »
Serial number in all GlobalSCAPE products is in the HELP > ABOUT screen.

You can contact GlobalSCAPE with the email address you would have used to register any software and they can confirm your purchases and serial numbers.  http://www.globalscape.com/support/lostserial.aspx

CSB 3 will not work on Vista. Dunno about Win 7
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

Re: CuteFTP / CuteCSB
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 02:56:08 PM »
I sent off and got my serial number but it does not work.  I was curious as to why it says CuteFTP and the serial number and not Cute Site Builder.   I have sent them an email through thier website but have not gotten a reply yet.  If I bought Cute FTP I sure don't remember it and I wouldn't know which version I bought since I can't remember buying it.   :-\  I can not find a receipt or email from them years ago but I usually am pretty good at saving stuff like that.
Thanks and God Bless America
Jim