Author Topic: CRIME DRAMA: Casey Anthony Live from Florida  (Read 3302 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
CRIME DRAMA: Casey Anthony Live from Florida
« on: May 10, 2011, 03:04:17 PM »
One of the most well-known trials is starting here in Central Florida.
Jury section is underway and the trial will start next week in Orlando Florida.

Single young woman (Casey) with young child (Caylee).
Child is missing for 31 days without report to family members, police, friends, anyone.
The mother Casey, spent those 31 days partying and stealing money from a "friend".

Finally when police brought in by the grandmother when she made an emergency call saying that they found their missing auto smells like a "dead body".
Young mother Casey questioned, and eventually charged with aggravated child abuse and murder of her child after lying to the police and taking the police investigators all around town...
Body of child found less than a mile from her home, in wooded area where the young woman used to play with friends. Body of toddler found with duct tape wrapped around the head/mouth with a heart sticker on the mouth.

If you want to watch the hearings and trial LIVE visit this page:
http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/index.html

Want to read a really comprehensive TIMELINE of all events? Very interesting reading!  How many lies can one person tell??  Check out this page:
http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/index.html

I would not qualify to be a juror. I have read so much, seen so much and have come to the conclusion that she is guilty even before the trial begins.
I just don't see how anyone else COULD have done it based on the timeline, photos, depositions, interviews, letters...  And blaming a nanny that did not exist for kidnapping her. There just is no doubt for me. If someone had my baby for 31 days I would have been out of my mind. Not wanting to go out drinking, dancing and partying with friends.  I don't think she intentionally killed her daughter but did try to knock her out so she could go "party" with her friends.  What happened to that child was awful and made worse by the way her body was treated.  

:judge:  The judge Belvin Perry, Jr is great. Doing is best to be ruling on law, not emotion, he is doing a terrific job of keeping both defense and prosecution on a straight path. I have a lot of respect for the judge.  He is doing the best that can be done to make sure she gets a fair trial.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 04:13:31 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: CRIME DRAMA: Casey Anthony Live from Florida
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 04:20:17 PM »
In the United States, the person accused of the crime is considered INNOCENT of the crime until the state proves differently.
The person on trial does not have to say a word, does not have to prove anything.
Complete burden on the government to PROVE guilt!!
The state did an excellent job prosecuting the circumstantial case.  The defense tried to offer evidence to suggest reasonable doubt.
And the jurors gave up 6 weeks of freedom, fully sequestered away from family, friends, jobs to sit on this case.

As of today, she was found NOT GUILTY on all the major charges, guilty on four charges of lying to the police.
Since only the bones were found with no tissue, in two trash bags, inside a laundry bag, in a swampy trash dumping area, no DNA, no fingerprints the jurors did not feel there was enough evidence that SHE did something. They saw the skull, the duct tape, the chloroform  but no fingerprints after spending 6 months in swampy conditions.
Thank goodness that it is over now for the rest of us.
But life will never be "normal" for her family after all this 3 year drama and after accusing her father and brother of molestation (no proof, no documentation, no witness).
After seeing what the jurors saw PLUS the legal rangling done outside of the juror viewing, I still maintain my opinion.
I disagree with the verdict.
Sadly, I think she got away with the death of her daughter by chloroform to knock her out and duct tape across her mouth to keep her quiet if she woke up.
And so many other people feel the same way because we know she stole from friends, family, grandparents, has 5 felony convictions for her thefts.
We know other details that the jurors never got to hear.
But only the jury counts. 

Casey will sell her story for huge $$ for book or movie rights and will be in great financial shape.  Her daughter will still be dead.
Seems the moral of the story is: tell enough lies, for long enough you can get away with murder.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 10:44:52 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 11:30:26 PM »
Today I read that she has been writing letters while in jail about having more children! I also think she did it whether intentionally or accidentally. But justice was served as best as it could be and under the circumstances I don't think they could have ruled any other way.
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 10:42:40 AM »
Though you and I often see things the same way, on this you and I diverge.
I respectfully disagree with you.

I believe that they could have easily found her guilty of one of the lesser included charges, which cover accident while in commission of felony, or manslaughter. Neither carry death penalty, just time which would have been appropriate.

:nofinger: As to her being a good mother.. Ya Right!  She was a baby sitter.   Anyone can play with a child for a few hours happily. She never supported that child! She did not work, did not pay for food, shelter, clothing, medical, anything. Her parents did. Turns my stomach that SHE NEVER reported the child missing. And we will never know how long she would have gone before telling anyone. If her mother hadn't forced the issue, it would have been more days!  Tell me how a "good mother" can lose her child for a few hours and not go crazy about it, let alone a month or more?  The baby was thrown away like trash and forgotten.

I agree that people grieve in different ways. I know of someone that cries constantly and another friend that just sleeps, takes to bed and can not cry... But you can not ever convince me that she acts the way she does because she can not display real emotion. She can.  She showed more emotion about her brother being on the stand than for her own child.  She glared at her father and mother on the stand, when their hearts were breaking. Her mother even lied on the stand for her.

>:( She and her defense team threw around accusations that are unproven, unsubstantiated and extremely hurtful about her father, brother, the meter reader, ZFG nanny, and others, just continuing the lies.  Say it in front of the bar and no repercussions.  As to the molestation charges, THAT does not excuse her behavior, IF it is true (I do not believe that either). If it was true, it would NOT cause her to do the things she has done. Sorry. It causes trauma to her yes, but does not make her a thief. Might impact on social interaction, might not. But to throw that accusation out so casually diminishes people with REAL trauma!

She has no care for anyone that gets in her way. Her own life proved that. Stole from best friend, wrote bad checks, cashed stolen checks, stole from mother and grandfather so she could live the "good  life". She was convicted of those crimes, with lovely video tape! Her parents have been put through hell.  She is a narcissist and true sociopath with no empathy or care for anyone but herself. She IS a danger to society as she will not follow any of its basic rules. She should be locked away to protect others.  That is the purpose of the jail system (not to rehabilitate in my opinion).

:whip: :whip:  CA cost the state and county that I live in HUGE money with her lies.  Our county is struggling. And she did not help.

She will make huge $$, get sued for taxes, for other things and has the potential for that"good life" she always wanted after interviews, book and movie deals.  That makes me sick and so sad that she should profit in any way when everyone else she has come in contact with has suffered emotionally, financially, and worst of all in reputation.

She was found "not guilty". NOT INNOCENT.  She is by no means innocent in the death of her child or her actions since that time.

She gets out next week and is NOT welcome in THIS community! Not by me and my family. Not by my friends.  We see her for who she is. We know her character. Let her parents heal and get a life back. Go somewhere else, start fresh. Get mental health counseling!  I pray that she can get help and can change.  Otherwise she may end up like OJ Simpson, back in jail for some other charge down the road.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 12:02:35 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha