Author Topic: Publishing error message  (Read 4624 times)

Offline hidden

• Restricted
Publishing error message
« on: July 02, 2009, 08:41:11 AM »
I am using Cutesite 3.0. When I try to publish the site, the "converting to web format" bar goes about half way and stalls. Then moves very slowly. Finally when it gets to the end I get the following error message TlxWebHost Run-time error '20142' [141] (no description available). I've tried it probably 15 times and keep getting the same error. I've resaved and called the file by a new name, but get the same error. Thanks for any suggestions! Sue

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Publishing error message
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 11:24:59 PM »
Have you made ANY changes/updates, additions, removals from your computer lately?

Since 2000, I have never seen or read about error 20142 in CSB.

After some research on the web, I found that with some other software with FTP uploading errors defines:
    Error:20142, 530 User cannot log in.         invalid credentials for logging into ftp site.

Another says this:
    20142 Open       Session and EscapeShellCmd problem

SO, my expectation is that the problem is on your HOST side.
Connecting to your host with an ftp client or using windows connections.
Let your host know that you are having problems connecting and recheck your username/password combo as well as the other settings.
They may have been working in the server and something got reset, or you may have been moved to a different server, etc.

Let us know.

(moved your thread for better organization...put in CSB publishing area)
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 09:06:47 AM »
Yep, it was on the Host's side! I finally contacted them and found out that they'd switched to a different server last week. And I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure it out. Thanks!
Sue

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 10:23:24 AM »
 :hapscream: CONGRATS!   :hapscream:

Been there, done that. 
One host moved a site, didn't tell me, I kept publishing to the old server (was not taken offline yet) and yet none of my changes were showing.  Very confusing because on my end I could see everything publish! 
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )