Author Topic: Possible errors while publishing  (Read 3198 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
Possible errors while publishing
« on: March 31, 2013, 03:03:23 PM »
I've noticed this for a year or so, and it's getting more pronounced.

When I'm publishing my site, my computer makes some "error sounds" during the Converting to Web Format process. Each of them is a low-pitched "bong". I hear similar bongs when something I enter in Excel, for example, fails to register or isn't of the right format.

What I hear with CSB is bong; bong-bong; bong-bong-bong; bongbongbong (three bongs very squished together). There don't seem to be any ill effects from this, but I get the impression that something is wrong with one or more of my pages.

I'm thinking about setting up a subdirectory to publish this site to, then pinning down the problem by deleting pages until the problem goes away.

In the meantime, I wanted to ask other people to see if they've ever experienced this problem.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Possible errors while publishing
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 09:43:39 PM »
You got BONGS.   I got BONKS.

Reported it when testing CSB5.

"NEW CSB5 BUG!  BONK BONK!  Critical Error Sounds  while the file is converting to web format.  Possible cause:  The PHP website file for the protected page  is not supported in local computer system, but is supported by Linux systems after publishing.

This issue was reported and confirmed 01-01-06.  I had not encountered it until I added a password protected page to the tlx file and tried to publish.  Prior to that no sounds were heard by me.   Strange sound still happens in final release but does not interfere with publishing so far."

Update:  when I removed the PHP password protected page did a file save as and republished, the bonk went away.  Put it back in bonk returned.  Did not hurt publishing.
So if you are on Linux server you can quickly add a protection using other ways (through cpanel or htaccess file).

See this chart

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 05:11:59 AM »
The sounds being heard are probably initiated by the BIOS or OS when CSB runs code they don't like such as sending a beep to the system's speaker for code it could not complete, i.e. a bug. E.g. some systems will bongk when sending a page to the printer whilst the printer is not switched on. If the end result works, then it's probably a minor "hurt" :repair: but nevertheless annoying :nofinger:.
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 04:20:52 PM »
Yes annoying.
I got the sound to go away by removing the password protected page.   Do you have one?
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )