Author Topic: USE SECURE FTP  (Read 3143 times)

Offline hidden

• Restricted
USE SECURE FTP
« on: January 28, 2010, 12:23:37 AM »
 I'm still using cutesite 4 for a few clients.
Is it possible to publish cutesite 4 internally on a server that reqiures a secure ftp?
I searched your site and could not find any answer to the question.
Thanks, Mike

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: USE SECURE FTP
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 12:28:05 PM »
CSB does not have a way do connect with SFTP.
There are two ways to handle your situation though:

1) Use PREVIEW not PUBLISH, no FTP:
I publish an internal website for our company using CSB very easily. Setup took a couple minutes.
- On the server, I have allowed my login access to the folder, with rights to read, modify, delete.
- Then on my workstation at work, I have mapped the server folder and assigned a permanent drive letter. (On my workstation, My Computer window shows that I have a drive C: main hard drive, drive D: 2nd hard drive, E: is dvd drive, and V: is connected to the company folder on the server).  The security settings are handled between my server and the my workstation. I have rights to that folder so I can connect directly through the letter as if the folder were on my own computer.
- Set my PREVIEW function in CSB publishing options to use the LOCAL HTML FOLDER pointed to the drive letter/folder that corresponds to our server folder with the internal site.
After that setup, I never have to use the PUBLISH option for internal site!  Only use the PREVIEW function from that point on.
Each time I want to change the internal site I just: Open CSB, Edit, then Preview. Done.
FTP is bypassed, not needed when you connect this way.

2) If you can not map the drive that way, and MUST use SFTP, you can PREVIEW the files to a location on your own computer, go to that folder, sort by date order, and copy the newest files to your internal server using SFTP software. (Great freebie that can do that is COREFTP) Sorting by date order makes it REAL easy to see which files changed so you only have to copy THOSE files to the server.

Hope that helps!  Let me know.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )