Author Topic: I have a problem with a picture  (Read 3212 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
I have a problem with a picture
« on: May 28, 2009, 09:38:36 AM »
Hi, I have spent a long time on this and decided it would be much better just to ask how to solve my problem.  I have pictures on my web site and to get from one to the next I have it where you click on the arrows at top left corner.  On one picture instead of the arrows, I somehow have the name of the next picture instead.  How can I fix this?

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: I have a problem with a picture
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 12:23:47 PM »
Very hard to diagnose problems when we can not see your page.  If you have published, give us the address so we can view it.  (use h**p instead of http to keep the address from linking to your page).

Generally speaking:
The arrows are built into the template (layout format) you are using.
All the pages that show your forward and backward arrows are on the Sequence Line.  
<<  >>

- Do you have the page without the arrows on that same Sequence Line?  You can drag it onto the line in your map and even make the Line longer of necessary.

- If you have the page on the Sequence Line and still have missing arrows, you have "unlocked" your STATIC area of the page (should be avoided when possible).  This changes the page format.  
Your FASTEST fix is delete that offending page.
Copy an EXISTING page with a photo, drag it onto the line and change the picture and text.

Note: If you are not in the habit of UNLOCKING static text areas to make changes to header, etc, you could also choose FORMAT, APPLY PAGE LAYOUT and apply the same layout to the page again.  When asked do you want to keep changes, say NO.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 01:40:23 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )