Author Topic: My 1st W3B site..  (Read 7692 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
    • 'a la carte' PR
My 1st W3B site..
« on: March 26, 2007, 08:04:35 PM »
Well.. I have finished my 1st W3B site in time for the client's Grand Opening..
Pls. take a look and comment.. h**p://www.joyfullycurly.com/

Setting aside the learning curve, it was a longer and more tedious development compared to CSB. When developing with W3B you are coding with lower level calls. I enjoy coding and had the luxury of time on this project. I'd use W3B for simpler unscheduled sites where I can afford a 90 degree excursion into the lower level development facilities. I bought the W3B product and have two additional sites under construction..

However, IMHO W3B is not a comparable to CSB replacement product..

Regards..
..Styx

Parkinson's Third Law:
Expansion means complexity and complexity decays.

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Re: My 1st W3B site..
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 11:45:35 AM »
Thats a very nice site you made!
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 04:37:52 PM »
Question - When you refer to it as W3B what is that exactly? I mean is that the version number? The version of WYSIWYG Web Builder that I am finding is 4.1.1     At first I thought you meant a software different than WYSIWYG becaue my experience with it is that it is an ultra smooth feature loaded software that makes site building really easy -- Your mention of coding left me wondering as well as your mention of it as not being a cute replacement. I am actually even considering purchasing the software and changing over my site rebuild to it from Site Spinner. (ugh for now but maybe whoopie for later) I think it would be a really good change over product from Cute.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 04:43:40 PM by SafariWoman »

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
    • 'a la carte' PR
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 05:14:51 PM »
Hi Ms Safari :) .. good afternoon from Charlotte NC..

W3B is the shorthand they use on the Pablo Software for the product.. WYSIWYG Web Builder. Just their shorthand. You are correct about the 4.1 release level & that is what I am using..

An UPDATE: I just checked the Pablo site and see that W3B is now W4B.. I stand corrected (& in the corner facing the wall).. You were right all along..

As I remember I downloaded for the trial period, didn't get around to trialling but liked what I saw. So I bought it.. I'd suggest you trial it and remake a couple of your pages.. see what you think..
IMHO it takes a bit more skill & patience than the 'average' CSB user might have.

Regards..
..Styx

PS: Next W3B site is bolder (color) undertaking, a departure for me. I'm using one of the W3B templates.. Only the homepage is underway but you may peek at it: h**p://www.NuParadigmMedia.com

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 05:30:16 PM by StyxandStones »
Regards..
..Styx

Parkinson's Third Law:

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 07:04:19 PM »
( You can come out of the corner now :-)   lol      The new site is very cool - a nice fresh look. I have been trialing WYSIWYG and after using Site Spinner I find it very much like it but with even more features .. as well as I have run into a possible snag with Site Spinner - only I can have a problem that no one has ever seen or heard of lol but we will see .. Coming from site spinner rather than cute now - I find it very intuitive, I like the site map which Spinner doesn't have and it seems to do all and more.

The only thing I haven't determined for sure is whether it has object naming so it can be called up over and over reducing band width - since I haven't found it I am thinking it is not there but to be honest I just started and didn't read through all of the help items ... as usual   LOL  :-[

Well thanks for sharing and answering my questions. I just downloaded it again a few days ago. They have added a lot since I last trialed it back when Cute first announced its end.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 10:52:46 PM »
As I remember I downloaded for the trial period, didn't get around to trialling but liked what I saw. So I bought it.. I'd suggest you trial it and remake a couple of your pages.. see what you think..
IMHO it takes a bit more skill & patience than the 'average' CSB user might have.

However, IMHO W3B is not a comparable to CSB replacement product..
:agree:
I trialed and did not take the time in trial to really test the product and now it is expired. :v8slap:  May purchase it anyway because I was impressed by what it offered and I want to play/test it further.

I AGREE that it would be a difficult switch for average CSB users!  Out of the box the program feels very different, looks very different. For people that do not want to deal with any coding, this one would probably NOT be a good fit!
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 11:58:10 PM »
I think you can trial it again Sam.. this is my second time. I keep hearing the coding mentioned and except for the form area ... I am wondering where you are running into the code issue so much? What I just built in a couple of hours required no code whatsoever so I am confused.

I have a ? for Styx -- I joined the forum just to find it is closed!!! until March 30 ( never heard of that .. )  and I thought you might know...

since the Rss feed feature is an extension that you download and not part of the trial -- and the instructions only come with that extension and since not much has been written about the rss extension at their site or in the forum, I am trying to figure out if it is a text headline on feed. They do define rss feeds in general as being capable of image and sound files but then they don't say theirs does that and only mentions headlines..

sooooooooooooo my ? is         are the rss feeds flexible for content or limited to headline text.

not that it might make a huge difference in regards to my decision to buy or not to buy it but I will definitely wait until their forum opens if I do buy.

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 11:54:51 AM »
Congrats on your first W3B site Styx&Stones and thanks for the posting. I had a look and will investigate it further as a possible replacement.
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
    • 'a la carte' PR
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 12:49:58 PM »
Hmm..

I have a ? for Styx -- I joined the forum just to find it is closed!!! until March 30 ( never heard of that .. )  and I thought you might know...

.. Found this additional explanation..

After a few months of hard work and answering thousands of questions, we will take a short break for a few days.
*** During this time the forum will be read-only ***
We will be back March 30, 2007 to answer all your questions.

In the meantime if you have a question, did you know that:
1. Web builder includes a very detailed help file
2. Frequently asked questions can be found here:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10
3. Online tutorials can be found here:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
4. This forum has a search option where you can find thousands of previous asked questions and answers:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/search.php

..Styx
Regards..
..Styx

Parkinson's Third Law:

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 03:59:03 PM »
(Maybe forum admin is on vacation and no one knows how to backstop for him!)
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 06:16:30 PM »
Thanks Styx I found that too and you are probably right Sam. I know how that goes ... usually there is some sort of back up plan though especially for a software company ...