SPECIAL TOPICS > Iframes in detail

Iframe tutorials on Samisite.com

(1/5) > >>

Samrc:
Lots and lots of iframe information on Samisite.com
Check out the extensive tutorials here

Use this section of the forum to pose questions about the popular website feature.

slim247:
Thank you for your tutorial on iFrames, Special Target Link Make a special link change two iFrame windows at the same time. I've tested the 3 codes on a new page and it worked out fine.  But when I implemented in my site, it did not function. 

My site consist of a top frame and a main frame.  Both initially resides within the same domain.  By navigation, the top frame will stay the same, but the main frame will go outside of the domain and into another site, that has 2 iFrames.  So could the error be that I have the pages within an actual frame or could it be that it navigates outside of the domain?  Is there a solution that I can work around this?  I would very much like to utilize the iFrame, Special Link.

Thanks.

Samrc:
Welcome to the forum!!

Please give us the URL for the page with links and the one with iframes so we can see the code you have implemented. Usually that is the best course for diagnosing your problem. Are you putting your links in the top frame or on the page with the iframes?

The Special Target Link iframe tutorial you mention is a webpage on the samisite.com domain.  That page has 2 iframes and several links.  Those links load pages from outside the samisite.com domain.  The LINKS are on the page with the IFRAMES. The link code points to an iframe window.  If that window does not exist on the page, then the code will not work as written. 

Also, you can use an iframe to pull in a page from off site.  However, many people include code in their webpages to BREAK FRAMES so you can't load the page into a frame.

SafariWoman:
I've just been looking around at your iframes pages Sam, great job - it's been a while since I looked at it but because I haven't built an iframe in a while I was looking around as my refresher course. Thanks to you for that info - very nicely done.  :clapping:

Samrc:
Thanks! I tried to cover the issue as fully as I could, with lots of samples.
Believe it or not, I have a bit more to add, when I get time... :yes:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version