Author Topic: Adding a form to be emailed to an email addy  (Read 3249 times)

Offline hidden

• Restricted
Adding a form to be emailed to an email addy
« on: August 09, 2007, 02:19:55 PM »
How would I set up a form on a Cutesitebuilder 5.0 website (I'm using Vista and it works GREAT) - i.e.
I'd like to have a box that people fill in that they can put text into - then send it to an email addy of my choosing....??? Anyone? :unsure:

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
Re: Adding a form to be emailed to an email addy
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 02:44:34 PM »
The setting for the email address is entered in Step 2 of the Form Wizard when inserting a new form. If you already have a form inserted you can double click it and then click Back until you go back to step 2.

To insert a form in the menu goto >Insert>Advanced HTML>Form and in Step 2 of the Form wizard enter your desired email address.

Let us know if this answers your question.
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 02:53:43 PM »
(While I was posting, Etienne posted so some of this may be a repeat  ;))

CSB 5 has a simple form builder built into the program.  And forms built that way will continue to process through the GLOBALSCAPE server through June, 2008 at least.  So for an immediate form that goes together quickly with no installations, etc that is your best option.

Open your CSB design tlx file.
Go to the page where you want to put your form.
Choose INSERT > ADVANCED HTML > FORM
Then just fill in the blanks.
Choose the fields you want for your form.
Save it and publish.
You will have a form on your page.
Read more about it and see a sample here.
Long term you will need to consider other things but for right away, its a great thing.

Congrats on getting CSB running on VISTA! :clapping:
And WELCOME TO THE FORUM!
 :welsign:
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 03:47:22 PM »
 :clapping:  Thanks, I shall try this.  For some reason I'm stuck with the older version in my head -- I have never done a form before!  Now is the time!  I'm building a site for our church and really want it to look nice and hip and kewl and professional all at the same time!  :)  Lisa

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 07:22:03 PM »
Those web forms have been available since the Trellix days but the last version is the fanciest one.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )