Author Topic: Change Default Font  (Read 3996 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
Change Default Font
« on: May 14, 2009, 10:25:07 AM »
I've spent hundreds of hours creating and editing CSB pages, but it's been years since I started a new one of any size.

I'm starting a new one now, and I want to get off on the right foot.

I'm using the built-in Stationery template, and I've made a few changes to the left border page area.

Now I want to change the default (Page Body Text) from Arial to Verdana, but I can't figure out how to do it.

I've got only one page so far, using the "Home" page layout. I can go to the Page Layout Editor, but I can't figure out how to change the default (Page Body Text).

HELP!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Change Default Font
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 03:03:44 PM »
WELCOME to the forum Lou!

:welsign:

Before making changes, MAKE A BACKUP of your existing file.

FORMAT > EDIT PAGE LAYOUT
Changes in this area will change all pages using that layout.
You can create a NEW layout in there also based on the original if you want to keep the original intact.
While in the Page Layout area:
   right click the page body area > Properties > Page Area > Default Text Tab > Modify  and change your font.
   Adjust your HTML link colors on that tab if needed too.
   Ok, Ok to close the box
Make any other changes to the Page Layout you need (Right click top border, left border, edit page area, etc)
Then click FINISHED button when you are done.

You should IMMEDIATELY see your changes to any page that has been assigned to that layout.

If you do not immediately see the changes you made, you probably unlocked static text areas at some point.
Go to the page that is not behaving as you wish.
Choose FORMAT > APPLY PAGE LAYOUT 
If you unlocked the static text area of your page, you will get a WARNING that your changes will be lost.
CLICK NO! Do not keep the changes!  If you keep the changes you can NOT apply the new layout.

(Note:  If applying the layout to more than one page, you can do several at one time by highlighting the pages in the map and applying the layout to all at one time.  Check the option to apply page to all selected pages)

Try NOT to unlock any static text areas of the layout on your individual pages.  This BREAKS the automatic features. 
If you need to add something special to the top or left, that is not on the layout, create a NEW layout and add it to the new layout.  Apply that layout to the page.  That way if you ever need to adjust the format globally, you can, easily and quickly.  All pages that have a particular layout immediately change.

Recommend you also read this thread about some features you might like.  I love the custom fields feature!

(moved this thread to the CSB section for better organization.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 03:19:00 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
Re: Change Default Font
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 08:31:37 AM »
Got it! Thanks.