Author Topic: iframe trough password page  (Read 5632 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
iframe trough password page
« on: April 20, 2011, 03:05:49 AM »
I became a member of the site that requires have a username and password (example your web), I would like to include an iframe a few pages into my website, but the iframe which I make are not able to load a page that I want, the screen on my iframe towards login box on the web, however when I create an iframe I have logged in correctly :-\, I tried to login via an iframe window 'successful' I walked into the page that I want, but when I tried refresh my browser, iframe at my web blank  ???, what's the solution? thx :help:

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: iframe trough password page
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:26:06 PM »
I am confused.  Let me make sure I understand your question.

You want to have an iframe on a web page inside your website.
    Ok.  An iframe can be put on any page of your site, not just the home page.

the iframe which I make are not able to load a page that I want, the screen on my iframe towards login box on the web

You want to show the login page inside your iframe? 
Usually you can get a log in screen.   
But once you log in, you may or may not be able to stay in that iframe.
Are you expecting to stay "logged in" when you refresh your page? 
It is controlled by the content page, and security options in the browser.
The page might have code in it that does not allow it to be used inside a framed webpage or iframe.
Would you like me to test and diagnose it?  Please provide the address of the page with an iframe.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 03:27:41 AM »
I do not mean it, example: "A" has a website with a user and password for members, there are certain parts on the "A" web what I wanted to show in my web, when I open the iframe, which seems not part of what I wanted but it looks from the "A" web login form.
Can I get an iframe that I want without having to pass through the login page?

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 09:09:54 AM »
Can I get an iframe that I want without having to pass through the login page?
No you can not.
Sites with password protection usually password protect all pages in a folder.
If that web page or file you want to show is behind password protection, you can not show it in the iframe until you have logged into the folder.  So each time the page loads, you have to login.

Actually, that's a great reason for password protection!  To keep people from stealing content from another site by just putting an iframe around it.  I had a page on my site stolen by using an iframe like that for a couple weeks. Many people do not realize that by using site statistics, webmasters CAN tell who is doing that and lock them out like I did.  :yes:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:16:10 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 11:08:53 AM »
hmm. ok, anyway thank's for your answer

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 11:58:33 AM »
If you are using the iframe for your own logins, then consider setting your browser to remember and keep you logged in.
If the member site allows it, your page could load with the login in place, but only on your own machine, not for visitors.

Iframes are often used with "dashboard" views: show statistics, and lots of other content in several windows on the same web page.
But member sites do not want their content freely displayed to non-members by hotlinking or iframes done by legit members.

Even if you are building a page just for your own personal use and not for sharing private information publically, you may still have difficulty displaying information from protected areas without signing in.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:04:25 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha