Author Topic: CSB TEMPLATES  (Read 14491 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
CSB TEMPLATES
« on: March 22, 2007, 10:57:08 AM »
TRUDY has created some very nice CSB templates here.

But in my humble opinion, if you have a few minutes to spare, you SHOULD spend them wandering through her BACKGROUND images too! 
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: CSB TEMPLATES
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 11:41:30 AM »
Richard has created a terrific collection of templates for Trellix and CSB.  He converted the old Trellix templates for use in CSB and made some new ones, including some FLASH templates too!

-removed link, site down.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 07:50:06 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 06:13:06 PM »
Richard's website has now been down for a few months.  Suspended page appears.
The old email addy I had for him garners no response.

I wish TCH (host) had a way to reach him.  Would like to move his templates and examples (not the forms) onto a subdirectory of samisite.com (giving him credit for the work) so the resources would not be lost. I am sorry to say that at this point, it looks like that is not possible unless someone knows a way to reach him or his family for permission. :(

I have all the old Trellix templates he had in my backup cds. And have thumbnails of each too.  But don't want to build a page from scratch to display them if it is not necessary.

-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
    • The Slagles
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 07:46:55 PM »
He used Domains By Proxy to mask his personal info.

The email address below should be forwarded to the email address he used to register his domain name.

Jim

Registrant:
   Domains by Proxy, Inc.
   DomainsByProxy.com
   15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
   Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
   United States

Registered through: TotalChoice Hosting
   Domain Name: RJSKON.COM
      Created on: 27-Nov-01
      Expires on: 27-Nov-07
      Last Updated on: 18-Sep-06
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 10:43:04 PM by Samrc »

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 10:03:49 PM »
Didn't used to do that.  I have the original info from a while back.
I sent an email to the personal address I had just to see how he was doing.
The last we heard from him he was not feeling well.  No response to email and did not bounce back.

But that could be that he is doing great and just moved on to other things no longer checking those emails.  Many do.  Richard is just MIA like Kevin (KW) and Lianna and will always be part of the Trellix/CSB community legacy, even if they never wander back by!  :hearts:
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Tolkien Queen
  • Expert Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 09:59:53 PM »
I hope, too, that Richard's absence means he's doing great and has gotten involved in new interests.

If it turns out that a place is needed to host the old Trellix templates, I could put them on my site (now, that kind of download file I know how to do ;) ). The main reason I kept CSB4 instead of going on to 5 was so that I could continue making web designs that were compatible to both, so if the Trellix ones need to be opened in CSB to convert them, I could open them in 4.

--Of course, the compatible web designs became a moot point pretty quickly. Although there are still people using CSB, there won't be any new ones coming along - I think most of the people using it now are pretty adept at making their own page layouts. I kind of miss making them, but there doesn't seem to be much point (so I just make more background images :P).

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 08:51:29 AM »
 :agree:

Though I like making backgrounds/headers, etc for sites I work on, I have never made a template (tld) file!   :-[
Strange, huh?  With all I have done in CSB and outside of CSB, I have not done that.  I just add another layout to the list, and build. Since none of those files will ever need to convert to another template design, I don't have to worry about it.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Tolkien Queen
  • Expert Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 06:59:42 PM »
You're right - There's not much need for them unless you're making them available for other people to use. I don't have enough technical knowledge to help people that way, but the web designs were one little thing I felt I was contributing.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 04:32:06 PM »
I thought it was terrific that you and Richard were picking up that end. :clapping:
There are a ton of people that would never do it themselves and would NEED a template to do it for them.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
Other templates?
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 08:52:35 PM »
I have always used templates offered in Cutesite and have just now starting to build some of my own, but can we download any new templates into Cutesite for future use?

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Other templates?
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 09:24:52 PM »
We have a TON of templates that were designed for use in CSB! 

Trudy also designed some templates for download hereAnd she has some GREAT background tiling images too here.

Richard had the most collected in one place but his site is now down. I have all of the CSB and Trellix templates (older ones must be opened and resaved so they can be used). I've never uploaded them to samisite. If you want anything let me know and I will see what I can do to get them posted.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 03:18:29 PM »
 :clapping:
Thanks so much for your reply Sam.  You have always been there when I needed help!  I have been trying out other software programs like Site Spinner & websitebuiler but keep coming back to CSB to build a site and this forum for help.

I want to keep using CSB but need more templates, so if you have one with a dog theme on it and others with curve layouts, etc... I sure would apprciate it.

Thank you so much Sam!

Arky in Arkansas

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 12:36:13 AM »
SAMISITE NOW HAS SOME OF THE TEMPLATE  DESIGNS FOR DOWNLOAD.

OK....   They are not all posted but that's all I can do for now.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 02:43:44 AM »
:clapping:

Thank you Sam for going to this much trouble.  I was not expecting you to go thru all of this but I do appreciate it very much.  As usual, you've always come thru for me with solutions and answers and no way could I ever repay for all you've  done.  Even though CSB is gone, at least users can get their technical problems solved from your forums. Thanks for being there for all of us CSB USERS.

Many thanks,

Donna 

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 08:37:49 AM »
You are welcome.

We are trying to develop this forum for CSB users and people that want to move away from CSB.  Hopefully we can still provide support for other programs too as folks choose other programs.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:43:00 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
    • "Practice drills for your Team"
Templates...
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 04:13:57 PM »
Is there a way to add new templates to my CSB3?  I am trying to design a soccer web site and I would like to have sometype of a template.  Any Ideas would be welcome.

Head coach

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Templates...
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 08:33:43 PM »
You can design anything you want.
I have some of the old ones available here for download...one may work for you.
CSB templates
Trudy's templates
Trudy's backgrounds

OR CREATE YOUR OWN!!!
You are not stuck with the design you have now.

Use a photo editor to create the photos and designs of your choice, overlay, create!
Then insert the image/ images/ or sliced images into your web page areas.
Decide HOW you want to lay out your information. 1 column, 2, 3, with borders without and get started!

Just a FEW simplistic examples   The sky is the limit!
- Take a look at lambertusa.com  for a SINGLE background image that LOOKS LIKE a framed page.  Just a large page body with a TABLE over top of it!  Another example of a solid with table over it: tpacc.com
- Add tonal behind content like shown on jackalopejewels.com
- You can split an image into pieces and put part into the top border and left side...global-poker.net and
bpbinsure.com
- Use solid colors and put your images/text on it.  Take a look at greyhoundpets.org.au for a good example of this and investmenttools.com for another
- Add the background color or texture of your choice as background like sportsmansjunction.com- Use a top image for the header, add tables to left side and text in center as shown on whitehillhoa.com
- Use a top image for the header, solid color left side as shown on tuckerkirby.com

HOW????

CSB and Trellix before it, has had the ability to make Page Layouts, formatting that can change many pages at once.  Benefit of this is that if you change the page layout, or create a new one (new border colors, new font colors, etc,) you can quickly apply a page format to many pages and have them all change to your new colors, etc in one smooth move. The key is standardization on the webpages.  If you unlock the static area, it is no longer a standard feature of the web page.

If you have been "unlocking STATIC TEXT" areas of several pages to change fonts, text, etc, then when you go to apply the new formatting of your choice throught the Page Layout you will have some WACKY results first time through. 

BEFORE you make any BIG changes, choose FILE SAVE AS and rename the file.   Then work with the new file.  The old file becomes your backup copy.  As you work with the new one, if you really hate what you do to it, you can always go back to your original file! 

How to do it:
If you want to change several pages at once:  Format > Edit Page Layout > create a new layout (name it something that makes sense to you). Then right click the each area of the page to choose properties, page area, and change the background color AND the image to use your new image, or text etc.  Finish to save your new layout.

Select a page on the map (or drag a box around several pages), choose Format>Apply Page Layout and choose the one you want to be implemented on that page.  If you want several pages to receive formatting at the same time check the bullet for ALL SELECTED PAGES instead of the CURRENT PAGE bullet at the bottom of the box.
To make sure all new pages use a specific layout design when you create them, go to one of the existing pages using that design choose Format>Apply Page Layout and check the box in the lower left corner for "Use this layout for new pages".

If you have never unlocked the STATIC PAGE AREAS, your pages should apply the format well with little adjustment necessary.

IF YOU GET A WARNING BOX: If you get the notice that says something like you have made changes...do you want to keep your changes...JUST SAY NO.  If you say yes, you are keeping your old changes that you manually put into the page by unlocking the static text at some point in the past.  If you say yes, you will not get the new Page Layout changes.

After applying the new formatting, you may have cleaning to do to get your pages looking the way you want but DO NOT UNLOCK STATIC AREAS again.  It is worth the effort to standardize your pages.  That will make your file easier and faster to update in the future.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 08:41:26 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha