Website Building Software > XARA WEB DESIGNER

Xara Web Designer 7 Premium

(1/1)

Lou Sander:
I've had this for about four days, and am getting pretty used to it. There is a lot here that reminds me of CSB (but maybe all web site programs are like that; all I've ever used are Trellix/CSB and XWD). And for the most part, whatever one needs to do is a LOT easier in XWD.

XWD 7 Premium is a VERY powerful program, and the price is right. There is an excellent and highly active user forum at http://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdisplay.php?57-Xara-web-design-chat.

I'm working on converting one of my web sites from CSB to XWD. So far, so good, but we'll see how it goes.

A very big difference betweein the two programs is that XWD creates fixed-width sites. I never knew such a thing existed, but now that I know, I'm seeing a bunch of them on the web. I think I like them, but the verdict isn't in yet.

I'm wondering if Sami still uses XWD and is still enthusiastic about it.

Right now, XWD won't do something that I can do in CSB, and that I really need: Insert LONG pieces of HTML into the site. Apparently XWD can only handle 32000 characters in its "Insert HTML" scheme. I have some stuff in CSB that is ten times that.

IF anybody has a fix, I'd like to know about it.

Samrc:
Lou, glad to hear you are trying this program!   :clapping: :TUP:

I use the next step up from XWDP.
They used to offer Xara Xtreme Pro and renamed it to Xara Designer Pro.
It has everything that XDP has PLUS MORE.  More web features, Much better drawing tools. and LIVE copies.  :boogie: :boogie:  Pricey but since it gets rid of so many other programs, it is worth it!

I finally built a new page with recommendations for favorite programs and Xara has my only affiliate links!  Check out here: http://www.awebwench.com/recommended.htm
I have made a simple chart for XARA and under it is my RECOMMENDATIONS.  Click that link to see my overall recommendations.  And there is a full review and comparison of the web design vs Designer Pro on this forum.

For the number of sites you build/maintain, the types of things you do, the Designer Pro (XDP7) is the better choice for you.

As to the limitation of characters, can you send me a file with the HTML so I can test it?
I have an idea but it depends on what the code is and how it is used...
Would like to test it.  You have my personal email....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version