Author Topic: Lock Content eg photos from being copied off CSB website  (Read 4062 times)

Offline hidden

• Restricted
Lock Content eg photos from being copied off CSB website
« on: February 28, 2008, 05:21:33 AM »
Hi All,,,Can anyone tell me if it possible to 'lock' the content of a CSB website page so that it cannot be copied off the website. I refer to .jpgs mainly
Let me know
Thanks Terry

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Lock Content eg photos from being copied off CSB website
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 02:07:50 PM »
Hi Terry.  I found you posted the same thread under a couple areas and deleted the duplication. It's called cross posting and most forums don't allow it because the folks that assist check many threads so trying to answer you in many areas would only get confusing!

I have a thread in the Frequently Asked Questions area that deals with Image Theft. It is an old thread we had on the GlobalSCAPE forum and just hadn't moved it over yet. Please check it out.

As to locking CSB built pages, no.  That can not be done.
Your pages can be saved to other people's computers, text and all.
There are TONS of free and paid tools that people use to copy and or take content.  No way to prevent it.  You can however do some things to make your content less attractive to others.  Read the other thread to find out more.

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 10:42:07 PM »
Hi Samrc,,,,The double post was unintentional. I couldnt find the original one once I had submitted it. Still learning how to submit posts correctly. I have come accross a website that if you right click on a .jpg text comes up saying 'Sorry you cant copy anything from this site' hence my question.
Thank you for the information

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 11:40:24 PM »
Right!  I give a link to a version of that script on my other thread.  Along with MANY other options.
I use that no right click script all the time.  Remember that is only a speed bump.

Not a problem for double posting. I loose threads all the time, and its my own forum!  :-[
We like to tell folks why they shouldn't do it (on any forum) and to let you know the other post is gone.  We aren't trying to be mean about it. Actually we are trying our best to direct traffic to get you the most help without getting you confused at the same time!  :D 

Glad you asked the question!  Hope to see more of you on the forum!
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )