Author Topic: How do I add a downloadable "Membership"form?  (Read 2084 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
  • Happy 2 B Here
How do I add a downloadable "Membership"form?
« on: May 27, 2014, 06:02:30 PM »
I wish to add a 2 page membership form to my site that can be downloaded and printed by viewers. I have not been able to figure out how to do this nor could I find it here. Yes, I may have missed it:)

Thank You,
KAHSR
KAHSR

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: How do I add a downloadable "Membership"form?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 08:42:53 PM »
SO SORRY for delay answering!!!! Didn't see your post.

Do you want to create the form in Word or other program?
Or scan in a form you already have?
And have your visitors click a link to download and print it?
What will they do once they download?  Do they fax it? Mail it?  Turn it in (in person)?

A plain PDF file is perfect for someone to download and manually fill it in (with pen).
Many ways to MAKE the PDF file.  I use Adobe Acrobat sometimes, sometimes I use FREE NITRO PDF software. It adds a "printer" to your computer.  Send a file to that "printer" and you get a PDF file.  :TUP: Really easy and is also a PDF reader.

There were 4 different ways to link to a file on your website.  The best option is:
    2) USE FTP (or file manager at host) TO UPLOAD A FILE: When you use a 3rd party FTP program to upload your special files (swf, music, pdf, image for slideshows, etc) you can place them into folders on your website that mean something logical if you like. You can place all your pdf files in a pdf folder, or separate them by topic, etc. Then in your CSB page, simply link to them either from a web page with a simple link (use URL style link) or from a script, just use a full URL address.  EX: http://www.samisite.com/external/web_designer_features.pdf
LINK STYLE: regular text or image link
LINK OPENS: 4 choices here.
   A - open in same window, set target to top
   B - open in new window, set target to blank
   C - open within a frame, if the TLX file is published with frames "on", set target to TRLX_Middle
   D - open within an iframe (great for some files, but not best for PDF).
Best option if you have A LOT of files or you need to change them out often, or you want to keep your tlx file small.  This also allows your visitor to download the file to their own computer by right clicking the link if they so choose.  I have used open B most to set all links to open in NEW window so no matter which browser or resolution they use, they can see the file well and yet still stay on the main link page.

The other ways to deal with these files/options are all discussed here.
Container pages are discussed here too.

IF you want your visitor to fill in the form on the site and send information to you, you can create some nice forms online.

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )